Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:05 PM
    videoacceleratorengine.exe - DLL Initialization failed
    Sir,

Whenever I shut down my computer it displays the message "videoacceleratorengine.exe - DLL Initialization failed".

The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown.

I have a window xp SP2 OS loaded in my computer.

What is the problem or error. Kindly answer.

Raja
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Go to start, search and search for "videoacceleratorengine.exe" once you find it, right click on it and choose delete, restart
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Sir,
    When it was attempted as replied by seahwk83 the system did not allow for the deletion of the selected file .
    A box captioned "Error Deleting File or Folder" appears on the screen displaying a message "Cannot delete videoAcceleratorEngine: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use".
    The suggestion could not be put into use beyond locating the file in the "C - Drive" program files folder.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
    You have to stop the process before you can delete it
    Right click on your taskbar and choose "task manager" click the tab Processes and look down the list of programs you see there, these are programs running on your system
    Look for the video accelorator and highlight it then go to bottom and choose "End Process"
    Now go back to search and delete the file as mentioned above

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DLL initialization failed [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I developed an appl. Using vb6.0 as front end and visual foxpro as backend and create package.I have deployed my package in vendor machine. I run the setup by enter into their local id and the setup got installed. But when the user login to their intranet(ie.LAN) it shows msdasql.dll...

Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to log out and try to shut down Windows, I get the following message: Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down. I have to close two error message boxes before I can shut down windows. Please advise as to how to correct. Thank you

Dwwi.exe-dll initialization failed [ 1 Answers ]

When I shut down my computer I get this error mesage: DWWIN.EXE-DLL initialization failed. Instruction at 0xad7153 refereced memory at 0X00000014 The memory could not be read. My operating system is Windows XP with Servie Pack 2. I get this message at various times, after being on the...

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed

DLL initialization failed [ 14 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Vrixvz.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown. Recently I updated my Windows from "Tools" option...

View more questions Search