Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KimIThink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
    What career
    My name is Kimberly and I'm 13 years old from chicago I feel like I'm losing time I need to know what I want to be when I grow up and I want a good living style so far I chosen dentist,secret agent of the CIA which I think won't happen and dentist takes a lot of science and my science teacher is mean and ugly I don't like her anyway can someone predict what I'm doing in the future, a good career??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Well a dentist is a great career, and of course you will have to have another 20 or so science teachers after this one, so teachers come and teachers go over the many years of college, medical school and dental school you have to go though.

A field agent for the CIA actually is not that high paying carrerr, many are at the GS 12 though 16 level, and while it is a good living, it is far from being rich. Plus the CIA is not what it used to be, and not being allowed to kill and torture people like they used to.

But over all, being happy will or should be a lot more important than over all pay. What type of intersts do you have. Animals, perhaps a vet,
    Nature, maybe a forest ranger.

Jan 4, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Yea maybe a vet too but lets say I'm going to meet a guy and he asks me what I do for a living and I tell him a vet and maybe he won't take me seriously maybe even would laugh or even think I have like a lot of animals in my house and my house smells like bird poo. So I changed it to dentist but dentist takes too much brain and well I am not that smart I don't have a big brain like jimmy neutron (its a kid show) I'm kind of embarrassed now :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Kim, you think being a vet takes less brain than being a dentist? Sorry, hun, it's actually the other way around.

Anyway, you are only 13, you have years to decide what you want to be in life. If you want to be a dentist or a vet, then study, you have the brains hun, you just have to apply yourself.

Jan 4, 2008, 03:37 PM
    how can a vet be more difficult then a dentist. The vet just puts shots on animals x-rays them checks their body n I think more stuff I got to do some research . The dentist needs to take out teeths and look inside people mouths n dirty ones, see their saliva and it takes a lot of years I just want a simple job that won't take toooooooooooo many years to accomplish n pays good I don't want to live like my aunt and have the problems she has
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
    A vet is for more than most dentist, They have to learn about all of the animal treatment and how to tell what they are. Animals have more illness than people, and can't tell you want is wrong with them.

A vet will go to school much longer than a dentist will. Both jobs will require college degrees first before you go to advanced medical training.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 4, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Think about it Kim.
    A dentist deals with people that can tell them what's wrong, a Vet doesn't!
    If you think that's ALL a vet does you need to do some serious research.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Hun, a vet not only give shots and does x-rays, but vets do surgery also. They have to know all animals, not just dogs or cats, but horses, cows, lizards, birds, etc. A vet is a doctor, but an animal doctor, not a human doctor.

Dentists are doctors too, but they are doctors that deal with the mouth, gums, teeth, etc.

Have you considered being a nurse? It has only taken me 4 years to become one, and they pay very well, and it's not as hard as becoming a vet or a dentist.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Sounds like you are ambitious and think about things,
    You might want to do something like counseling or advising others in some way.
    Something where you help others better their life.
    Write a list of things you like and a list of things you like about them and what you can see yourself doing.

Jan 5, 2008, 07:57 PM
    I don't think I would like to be a nurse vet sounds good but I don't like snakes or lizards their creepy :( you guys got any different suggestions?
    Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Yes, finish high school and enjoy it, mature and life will seem alit different after that point. Then you may or may not still know, but you will understand the various jobs a lot better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

Shut down [ 2 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe dll initilization failed message when I log off or shut down the PC

Shut down [ 3 Answers ]

In my windows98 SE system, it is not showing "safe to shut down window" after I install some software or hardware to restart the computer or shut down the computer. It is struck at processing shut down. Please reply.

Shut down [ 2 Answers ]

HI, My computer will not shut down from the start menu. Tom Windows 98 se When I want to shut down I go to start hit The shutdown dot. What I see is screen gets A little checkerboard like and screen changes To the shutdown window saying windows is

View more questions Search