Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doyou4x4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Furance won't turn off
    Have a chronotherm 3 thermostat, Lennox ECB19 12.5p furnace and a Lennox HP19-651-6d heat pump. The heat pump stopped working and then the furnace won't turn off, fan runs on high, I pushed the reset button on the heat pump where the blue wire is attached and now the heat pump works fine. But the furnace still won't stop running I have to turn it off at the braker in the house. I got a new thermostat and that didn't fix the problem and then I replaced a relay switch in the furnace and that didn't fix it. Then I replaced the three heat relays and that didn't fix it. Now I'm confused as to what it could be any help would be apperacated. Note when I remove the white wire at ether the furnace or heat pump the fan will turn off when the heat pump turns off when normaly the fan will run for 2min then turn off.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 07:45 PM
    It's the fan relay stuck or your R and G thermostat wires are grounded to each other. Turn power off to your fan coil unit remove the G Circuit from the thermostat wire to the unit. Turn the power back on if the blower runs it's a stuck blower relay or wired wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furance won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

I have a beckett afg oil furance when I hit the reset button it lite run reach the temperature in the house but when temparture drop in the house the furance will lite but cut off when try to startup again it lite but just go out

Fan won't turn off! [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace blower will not turn off iwas reading on this site where to tap on relay to see if it is stuck.where is the relay? Does it look like a transformer?

Furance won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My furance turns on for about30 seconds then turns off for about 3 seconds never long enough for blower to come on

A/C won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My A/C unit won't kick on. I have a mercury dial thermostate. I just changed the filter. I put my dial to 70 and nothing. I had 2# of Freon added to it in 2005. Shouldn't it still be OK?

Outside unit won't turn on [ 1 Answers ]

My outside unit Ruud 10 seer won't come on. I looked closely and noticed that some of the thermostat wireing had been cut most likely by digging dogs. Anyway I have a yellow blue white red and green wires leading from the house but only yellow purple blue and brown at the unit which wires connect...

View more questions Search