Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    149st mike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:41 AM
    What are the color wire scheme for a four wired thermostat system
    Have a thermastat system (four wire) that was disconected without being labeled need to know the color code for the wires
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Verify at your heating system but typically, R to red (there may be a jumper to R2), W to White, G to Green and Y to yellow. You may have a B or C terminal and a Blue or Black wire, check at the furnace cuircuit board and attach the same way to your thermostat.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:45 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268211

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat color code? No Yellow Wire. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Lindsay And Im Having Trouble Installing My New Honeywell thermostat:o it's a non digital thermostat, round one the old fashioned kind, I don't know where to connect which wire because I don't know which wire is which I have the following wires Green Brownish?:o White Red...

Hooking up a new thermostat but old thermostat has a white and a black wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Everything I look at indicates a white and red wire for the connecting wires. Our thermostat is probably original to our home (1943). It has two wires. It is difficult to tell but it looks like one is a white wire and the other is black. I've tried looking on the internet for some info however...

Changing 2 wired thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Our old thermostat for the heater has 2 wires only. They are both black. The new thermostats have 3 or more colored wires. What should we buy to replace our now broken thermostat that is easy to install without calling an electrician to change the wiring?:eek:

5-wire thermostat - LOST a few wire labels. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a programmable thermostat (upgrading from a previous programmable that wasn't to our liking. When taking the old thermostat off, I noticed 4 of the 5 wires were labelled. That's a good thing. HOWEVER, when I took the old baseplate off, 2 of the labels fell off (not sure from...

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search