Ask
    nt_virus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Hi
    Bro I did like you said but still getting err
    And just a little confusion about password
    Can we givit any ?
    -u said when remote DT window popups givit server IP
    Are you sure it will be server IP the computer which we are sitting on ?
    Or the client ip ( which we want to access by lan ) ?
    Be more clear
    TIA
    Happy new year.
    Ps
    I will post err screen shot at mornings when got back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jc105
    Assuming they are XP pro...

Right click 'My Computer' choose properties, choose the remote tab in the window that opens. Make sure the second check box, "Allow users to remotely control", or something to that effect.

That should be done on the machine you want to connect to(Server). On the client computer, click Start -> Run -> type 'mstsc' (No quotes) then hit enter. Find the IP of the server computer, assume you know enough to get that info. Enter that into the window the appeared. Press enter.

YOU NEED A USERNAME THAT HAS A PASSWORD TO REMOTELY CONTROL A PC.

Otherwise screw all this and install realvnc (google search) on both pc's and the setup is simple for vnc, and well documented.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, can you repost your note without using chat speak so we can understand what you are trying to say. This is a BBS not IMs or chat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I Have A Hampton Bays Ceiling Fan - The Remote Control Does Not Work The Fan. Can I Buy A New Remote Control And Get The Light And Fan Working Again? If I Can, How Do I Go About Ordering One. Thanks For Your Reply.

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Remote control [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get the original remote for trinitron 36" kv-35v36 ?

View more questions Search