Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Hot water in all sinks but not in two showers
    I've been searching the website, and found some useful information about changing the cartridges and such.

However, I am confused about why I would have hot water everywhere except in two of the three showers.

The guest bathroom has hot water in the shower, it is also closest to the heater, the master bedroom and kids room do not get any hot water. I am new at this, so I do not have any experiece in plumbing.

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated, thanks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 12:04 AM
    The high limit needs to be adjusted. Read the instructions that came with

Jan 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
    High limit? What is that?

The showers were working before if that helps in any way
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Older showers were simpler. No hot water usually meant crud in the line, fixed by removing the cartridge and cleaning or replacing it. Many showers now have a control limiting how hot of water you can get. In addition to crud in the line, it could be out of adjustment. I would make sure the line is clear before trying to adjust it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
    It also may be the water incoming is colder

Jan 7, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I took it apart today and had some trouble taking the cartridge out. When the cartridge came out, the black plastic parts were broken into pieces. My guess is that was clogging the hot water. Once I put the new one in, it worked great. I still need to do the other bathroom, but I hope it is the same.

On a separte question. When I went to shut the water off for the house, the valve was under water, it was not like that before, is that normal. I drained the water out to see if there is a change.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 10:26 PM
    What is the name of the faucet?
    The water in the box can be a leak or simply ground water. Is the meter moving when you are not using water?

Jan 9, 2008, 10:48 AM
    The other shower is a moen also. It is the type that has the tub at the bottom. I think that it uses the smaller cartridge.

The water shutoff appears to be leaking from the stem of the valve. It is quite rusty. I have not checked how much the meter is moving. It fills with water and then stays the same, how so? Any other ideas beside trying to tight it up?

I appreciate all the help.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Try to gently tighten the nut under the handle of the leaking valve by the meter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No Hot Water in Showers [ 1 Answers ]

Our home has plenty of pressure and hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks (so hot the water is scalding, and the pressure is so high it splashes when it hits the sink)... the problem is both showers just have a drizzle of warm water. The cold water works fine. We had no hot water in the...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

No Water Pressure in Showers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a new homeowner, and have no idea what is going on with my showers. I have a new house, built in 99' and just recently added salt to our water softener over the weekend, which didn't have any salt in it when we moved in. This morning, our two showers do not have enough pressure...

View more questions Search