Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcgems07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Is L2 visa holder will get SSN
    Hi

I have moved to US along with my Wife & kid(2 years) in the month of Mar 07 with L1b visa. My my is not working and she is dependent on my income. I have getting my salary in USD paid my employer here. I have some question for filing for Tax returns.
    My question is
    1. can my wife & son get the SSN, or I have to file for Tax identification number (TIN)
    2.Can I file the request for TIN any time
    3. how much time is required to get the TIN
    4.can I eligible for tax refund based on dependents( wife &son)

Thanks
    Kcv

Check out some similar questions!

Name change for h-4 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , My wife has got H4 visa stamped on her old passport with maiden name. The H4 visa is valid until April 2008. We got her a new passport about 6 months ago from indian consulate in Chicago. The new passport has got her married name (i.e. my last name). The old passport has been cancelled but...

Can F-1 visa holder without earning be a dependent for H-1b visa holder husband? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that the question is kind of strange, but here is my situation. I am having H1b visa at present (moved from OPT to H1b last September). My wife is a student with F1 student visa (in Illinois Urbana Champaign). But she has completed her residential requirement and since last year has been...

J1 visa holder- Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Iam a J1 visa holder who came to USA in march 2005. Since then I am here in usa. I am a citizen of India. So I am actually eligible for the tax treaty exemption benefits for the first two years of my say here in USA. My programme of stay makes me stay here for more than two years of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.