Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcutiepie1981 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 03:39 PM
    My christian parents are getting separated
    Hello my parents have been marry for many years. We are all Christians in my family. My father has a very difficult temperament (attitude) which has been the problem between them over the years. But now my Mom says she is tired of putting up with all his rudeness and all. My father says he is also tired of my mom bothering him every day to do this and that.

I just had my first baby two weeks ago and instead of receiving support from them, Im very streess out because I do not want to see my parents separated. Every time they fight I get very nervous because I think in any moment one would say "fine im leaving the house" or something like that. I know that even though they say they could live without each other, they can't. They are both 53 years old!! And Christians!

Worst thing is my brother is the Pastor of our church but unfortunatelly all this happens now that he is on vacation (back to our country) and won't come back till next month. Im worry because last night was the first night my parents slept in separated beds. Today my mom started to take her stuff out of their bedroom and putting it in a separated room.

I don't know what to do!! Im desperated!! Please someone, help me! I need a GOOD ADVISE! I know I shouldn't get involved but there are my parents and I never thought my family will be passing through something like this! And besides all this I hev my own problems with the father of my baby that didn't even want my baby daughter to be born!!

Thanks in advance and hopefully God will guide someone to give my the best advice. I can't ask for help at church because since I got pregnant I had to stop congragating with them.
    cora Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2004, 12:01 PM
    CHurch is not about judging others, it is about being supportive of others when they are in need. Find another church, trust me, there are great support groups out there, and churches that will support you regardless if you have had a baby out of wedlock..
    Let your parents deal with their problems, you have a brand new baby to think about. I know that divorce is terrible. My Parents got divorced when I was ten, and I was devastated! MY family is also Christian, but don't ever forget that everyone is human, no one is perfect and we all make mistakes.
    Look to God, have faith in God. He is your Rock.

Remember this, " I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strenghtens me! " remember that!
    mccom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 05:03 PM
    I am so sorry to hear that you are so distressed by your parents situation. I am 53yrs old and am separated from my husband after 23yrs. I never thought I would find myself in this position. I have lost my home , my family life. I have three children and the oldest one is involved in church. For me This has been a very difficult decision but nevertheless necessary one. I could not go on pretending that everything was fine when it wasn't.Our marriage was not right from the start but I loved my husband so I put up with a lot and just thought that things will improve. There is so much more that I can say. I stoppped being agood wife and was stressed out all the time. Our financial difficulties put a lot of strain on our marriage. My children grew up under all the stresses at home All of them have not completed their education. I just feel that god would want me to be the best person I can be I had to decide to separate rather than go on living an unholy life behind closed doors.Please be there for your mum and continue to be the best daughter you can for your dad. They are going through a very difficult time themselves and need to know that you love them both. Isn't it better to have two sane parents functioning normaly to make some semse of the rest of their lives than to have two unhappy people tearing at each other.Keep believing that Jesus is there with you through all of this because he is. Life is complex and our call is to honest with God in all we do.xx
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 02:15 PM

Separation and divorce are difficult things to accept, especially when they involve Mom and Dad.

There's really nothing you can do. The problems that they're having are THEIR problems, not yours.

Try to concentrate on your new baby and let them take care of their own marital unrest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Being a Christian [ 14 Answers ]

What did Jesus tell his disciples they should do? And, if someone does those things, is he then a Christian, or is there something more that he must do that Jesus did not mention? Will all Christians be saved? What does Jesus say about that? M:)RGANITE

Jew/christian marriage [ 4 Answers ]

I read somewhere that if a Jewish women marries a non-Jewish man, the children are considered Jewish. I was wondering if this is automatic or do the children get to choose for themselves when they are older.

Christian Record of Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Found this on another site,I visit, wouldn't this be a better record of Marriage, over the so called Marriage License the state would like you to get. What is a license anyway. Link: http://www.suijuris.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=508&d=1132798112 Black Law Dictionary Seventh...

Need Help With Christian Song Name [ 1 Answers ]

I Know The Lyrics But Need To Know The Title And Who Sings It. Any info would be a great help. It is a woman who sings it. The Lyrics Are Jesus Loves Me This I Know For The Bible Tells Me So Little Ones To Him Below They Are Weak But He Is Strong Alleluia Allelu Alleluia Alleluia

Early Christian Manuscripts [ 5 Answers ]

Tough question for anyone willing to tackle it. :) I read references frequently about the thousands and thousands of manuscripts which stand as evidence for the veracity of the Bible. Yet no one ever cites their sources. How do I verify that there are indeed all of these early manuscripts? ...

View more questions Search