Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sebastian42 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Natural gas more benign than coal or oil
    It is commonly claimed that Natural gas use is better from a GreenHouse Gas perspective.
    Since oil, coal and gas all produce carbon dioxide when burnt, where is the scientific justification for this claim. My NET searches have been in vain.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian42
    It is commonly claimed that Natural gas use is better from a GreenHouse Gas perspective.
    Since oil, coal and gas all produce carbon dioxide when burnt, where is the scientifc justification for this claim. My NET searches have been in vain.
    The CO2 problem is only one aspect of burning fossil energy sources.
    There are also other dangerous ingredients, like sulphur that produces various sulphur-oxides.
    These can be removed much easier and much higher in percentage from gas than from coal and oil. Take that into account!
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know Clayton wood/coal stoves [ 6 Answers ]

The house that I have been in for the past 12 years has a Clayton wood/coal stove in the basement. The tag on the back says; Jones Metal Products, Mankato, Minnesota. Model 7.1V and 5.6V and was tested in 1983. Does anyone know if there is a way to get an operating manual and if you can still...

How we desgin a coal based thermal power plant ? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I want to know about the software used for desgining Coal Based Thermal Power Plant. If anybody knows about this type of software tell me. My some important queries are as follows. 1) How do we select the Boiler Auxiliaries? 2) How do we select the Steam Turbine Auxiliaries? 3)...

Multiple symptoms all benign or curable, wish I was dead :( [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm 22 yrs old going on 23, for the last 3 years going on 4 I've totally became reclusive I have no friends or partners, and I've sat in the house nearly every day for 6 months at a time going out the occasional day to go to appointments with doctors. I have something called bier spots they...

Natural detox [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what type of food you can eat for a natural detox.

View more questions Search