Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grannyof6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 08:11 PM
    No Fashion sense
    What styles to choose for my grandson's wedding.As a senior what would be appariate
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:27 PM
    I would say a tailored suit, maybe with pants or a long skirt would be nice.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 09:29 PM
    I would say a nice cotton type somewhat flared skirt, shirt and matching jacket or blazer in a solid color.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jan 2, 2008, 09:43 PM
    I LOVE this!

http://www.damnilikethat.com/wp-cont...cami-dress.jpg

You could wear a simple sweater over it if you felt comfortable. Just find a simple black dress with a flattering cut. You can still look sexy ;)

Go to JC Pennys or whatever department store is near by. You could get a really plain black dress and then dress it up with a cool belt or big jewlery
    Flowerchild1946 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Please supply a little more info, for example is this a winter wedding, formal or semi, in a Church?
    I love to buy clothes from Talbots, they're classics and last a long time without going out of style. I would rather pay more for something that can be worn again than to buy something cheaper and never wear it again
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Feb 11, 2008, 11:15 PM
    I am with you on that flowerchild. We lost our home a few years ago in a California wildfire. Of course so many things were more valuable emotionally and financially. But darn it! I miss my clothes. Try as I might I can't find the things I counted on for years to get me into every sort of social gathering.
    I can find other black jackets, other beige suits, NOT the same. I had a dress I could (and did) wear for 25 years of summer parties. White sheer cotton, I loved that dress. I had a beige linen suit that I could dress up or down and I always felt smart in, wore to court when I had to, felt like a winner in, sob* .Don't get me started on shoes.
    Okay, to answer the question, a well cut beige suit can look like a million with the proper accessories for any spring, summer , fall occasion, and a navy suit will take you anywhere, any time of year. Also with proper accessories. IMO too,gold jewelry is never out of style.
    When I want to be dressy, I wear black or white, I keep my clothes for years. At least I used to.
    Just for fun,For my daughters western wedding last November I wore a black brocade trim cut jacket with a black long lacey skirt, black 'granny' boots ,white dressy blouse and an antique squash blossom neclace. I received many compliments.
    My hubby in his black western jacket, black jeans ,black hat, boots and a blue western shirt looked like a movie star. (he IS still so handsome!) his wavy hair is white, his blue eyes are the brightest blue.
    The bride wore an ivory turn of the century dress, lace granny boots. The groom a cutaway jacket and black hat. The 'hole in the wall gang' western actors made an appearance and we all had a wonderful time. It was not her first wedding but I do hope it is her last. HE is wonderful.
    Seems I got a little carried away here, sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Common Sense [ 4 Answers ]

Q: Why do men die before their wives? A: Because they want to.

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising?

Does this make sense to anyone. [ 13 Answers ]

This confuses me, so maybe I should stop thinking about it... Maybe someone can understand it... How can someone tell you things such as "I still have very strong feelings for you", "I am miserable constantly becuase your gone now", "I know im making a mistake by leaving you" and "I still think...

It doesn't make sense [ 4 Answers ]

Our home was remodeled in 1968, at that tome there was a garage under the house, which we closed off and made into a basement. I have no idea how the drains were done. Now, after all these years our basements has water backing up from the drains ( Not the ones for sewage, thank God. What should be...

View more questions Search