Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Severe stomach bloating and hardness
    For about a week, maybe longer, I have been experiencing severe bloating in my upper stomach. It looks like I'm pregnant. My stomach is harder than a rock and it hurts from being so stretched out. At night I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly so it won't hurt. And it is making me have to pee a lot. :( is this normal? What could be causing this?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I could possibly tell you some things you could do but it sounds like you need to get to the docs for a diagnosis to see what would be best.
    Do you have indigestion, heartburn or any other symptoms?

Jan 2, 2008, 08:53 PM
    I do not have heartburn or indigestion. I do have back pain though from the extra weight in my belly. And sometimes my boobs hurt but not very consistently. And when I try to move its like trying to get around a pregnant belly. Like bending over. Most of the pain is around my belly button. Like when you press around my belly button it hurts. And it feels like my organs are being pushed up to the bottom of my chest. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I'm always thirsty, things have a different taste than before, and I keep wanting to eat, but I can't eat a whole lot at a time because it feels like my tummy is going to explode and it kind of feels like the food I eat just sits at the top of my belly under my chest.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Sounds like you really need to get to the dr asap.
    I don't think it is simple bloating or digestive disorder.
    Any chance you are pregnant??
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Tiffany,
    Please see a doctor ASAP. What you're describing really needs to be checked out.

Jan 4, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Okay so last night I started having a bit of heartburn its not too bad though. Does this change anything or maybe change what could be happening? Also last night while I was sleeping I kept waking up to having butterfly feelings in my tummy. My hands and feet are also swollen. And I'm confused as to whether I could be pregnant or not. I thought I was a couple times. My period was 2 weeks late in October and was short and light. Then I skipped November and tested 2 times at the beginning of December. The first test didn't work and the second one showed a faint positive then changed to negative in like 30-60 seconds. I did notice that I didn't pee on the stick long enough though. And then after that I had another short and light period. And then another short and light one a week ago. But I have had pregnancy symptoms since October. The only thing that's weird is the bleeding and the test.
    Erica_17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 12:08 PM
    I would suggest you go to the doctor you could be pregnant
    asdfghjklhelp Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 02:49 AM

So what ended up happening? Where you pregnant?
    dm_29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 10:58 PM
    This same thing is happening to me.extra weight in my tummy and when I eat I feel as though its restin on my belly and it swells out and I am uncomfortable with this bloated feeling..
    After 3-4 hrs then my food is digested... any help out there?
    ladibug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM
    The same thing happens to me and sometimes the stomach becomes lopsided too! The doctor has checked this out before but it keeps happening over and over again and worse each time!! And I am not pregnant... cannot get pregnant... I do have bladder cancer which is only inside the bladder and not metestasized... could this be why I am having this bloating? Or could it be related to hernia trouble? I don't know what doctor to see at this point. I saw a gastro doc last time about this and got no relief... it just eventually went down. But it's so uncomfortable and it's up toward the chest cavity not the stomach and there is pain when I cough and when I eat the swallowing of food going down hurts too! I am baffled and am not getting anywhere with this problem... please give something to go on for a lead to who I should see for this or what it might be that is causing this problem. Thanks, gail
    Vishin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 12:50 AM
    I am a man, and I get this too. I have acid reflux, I take medicine for it. But I'v gone to the doctor about it before and he said it isn't from the reflux.

I also sleep with a pillow at night under my stomach some nights I even try to put a stick like object to press into my stomach it gets so annoying, I am very athletic, and have tight abs, but this is below my belly button. It's been on and off annoying me.

Can some one help?
    Happy Belly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Always see a doctor to get a diagnosis! That said there are a few issues that can cause bloating, abdominal pain which comes and goes at intervals lasting from a day to several months. Also the lop-sidedness of the bloated abdomen is visible when the belly is very distended. If the pain includes the sides (love handles), is specific in areas on a constant basis and is moderate to severe stop reading now and get to the doctor. I have suffered from EVERY complaint I have read on this post so I do have some firsthand experience. First there is Irritable Bowel Syndrome which causes severe bloating, a tightness of the muscles in the belly and pain which can be described as "labor pains" and/or stabbing pains, a butterfly affect of the intestines causing fluttering and/or sudden twinges that happen rapidly. Please check on the Mayo Clinic site for further explanation. Second there is gastropathy which causes bloating which comes on rapidly, severe pain especially in pancreas and lower pelvic area due to the intestines pushing on the bladder. Again check with the Mayo Clinic for more information. Third there is liver disease which causes malabsorption of food and nutrients. One of the most common side affect of liver disease is Ascites (water retention) and it is very painful with extreme bloating. There is tons of information on the web but please seek medical attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore stomach, severe gas pains [ 4 Answers ]

I have problem, that doctor's are not able to help me with. About year ago I was diagnosed with H.Pilori, was given triple combination (two antibiotics and one anti acid prescription), when I finished taking it I got first bowel movement all white, just like chalk and after that I had diarrhea for...

Ew bloating [ 13 Answers ]

How can you avoiding bloating? Anddd is it true have little sleep makes you bloated??

Extruded aluminum material hardness by numeric value [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a 7075 T73511 extruded aluminum alloy shape and the same shape in a 7075-T6511?

View more questions Search