Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brw15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Divorced or separated
    We do not know if a friend is divorced or separated she will not say. I odd thing is her husband and her kids live a minute walk away from each other. Have you ever heard of ex's living this close?:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:14 PM
    While I think it is silly I have heard of people divorced living in the same house, even know a few.

People living next door don't have to see each other if they don't want to, and it does work good for the kids to see both parents.

And I guess they don't think it is any of your business. If you are a friend, you support them, be there for them, and help them, if and when they are ready to tell you, they can.

Jan 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
    My friend told she is divorced her husband says they are not
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:31 PM
    So?? Does it really matter, unless this friend is someone you are starting to date. Perhaps they have filed but it is not settled, perhaps they are and he has not accepted it.

How long have they been apart, you can of course go down to the county court house and look up the divorce records if you have to know

Jan 2, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Its not that I have to know you need to get some manners you are very rude. I do counseling. Please try a little kindness.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Sorry if you think I am rude, but to me it sounds rude that you will not just take your friends comments for what they are worth and want to try and check up on friends.

A real friend is just there for another person, and knows when it is time , they will tell them and open up for them. So one side or the other is lying or merely telling you the truth from they way they see it.

Maybe one filed for divorce, to them they are divorced since it is filed.
    Maybe the other is very religious and believes, once married always married no matter what.

If a person is a friend, they accept the other person regardless and not worry about it.

I have about 20 seconds to get a point across, being blunt is often the only way it works. Being blunt is not rude, it is merely being honest and blunt telling someone something they don't want to hear.

If you wish rude, as a couselor you should know that you don't need to force anyone to talk about a relastionship until they are ready to.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Go to the courthouse and look through the records. They are public.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brw15
    Its not that I have to know you need to get some manners you are very rude. I do counseling. Please try a little kindness.
    Awww shucks, I isn't feeling the love and Carl Rogers would not likely approve of your attempt to earn other's positive regards... So what theory of counseling are you coming from?

Jan 3, 2008, 03:15 PM
    I am and ordained minster and do all sorts. God loves you too.
    kraz Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Jan 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Why is it so important for you to know??
    Your friend and her husband are entitled to their private issues staying their issues, not anyone else's, unless they choose.
    Will it diminish your friendship knowing she is divorced; does it really matter, friends are friends, just support her and her decisions.

Jan 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Kraz because she has been my best friend for many years and she and I are very close if you know what I mean. We have not had sex but I do not to step into the middle of something.
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Yes, there is far too much to this story. As a pastor myself, I don't start gong behind their backs to prove or not prove their stories, I would with the people and cousel them as needed. If they wish to lie to me, you allow it and go on from there.

And yes while there may not be, the poster is being far to defensive and not really forth coming with information as to why he needs to know.

** and we did answer that as to going to the court house and look up divorce records.

And I am normally ashamed by people who use an excuse of being a Christian or esp being a pastor as an excuse to behave in a manner that is unwarranted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

Separated want to get back together [ 3 Answers ]

Want to get back with my separated wife . She does not want anything to do with me. I would like some ideas how to reconnect with wife and kids . Want to win her heart again she says she does not love me .

Separated 5 years [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living separate from my husband for just about five years. I live in Ohio. He does not want to divorce me. Can I be requested a divorce based on the fact that we have been apart for so long?:confused:

Separated but not yet filed for divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have separated but not yet filed for divorce yet, I know he has another girlfriend and has gotten her pregnant. But I am not allowed to see any men. He tells me that he has a private investagator following me around and has pictures on me. He is sending annymous e-mails to all my...

View more questions Search