Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelle715 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 05:09 PM
    What can I feed my 9 month old daughter?
    I was wondering if I can give my 9 month old regular vitamin d milk instead of formula?
    tessylynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 01:47 PM
    My daughter is 9 month old also and at our last Dr. appointment I asked her Dr. If I could give her regular milk or maybe even the next step lipil and she told me that she prefers baby's to with formula for a whole year. Hope that helps!:)
    tessylynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 01:51 PM
    My daughter is 9 month old also and at our last Dr. appointment I asked her Dr. If I could give her regular milk or maybe even the next step lipil and she told me that she prefers babies to stay with the formula for a whole year. Hope that helps!:)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 02:01 PM

As tessylynn said, the recommendation is to stick with formula for the first year, at least. It will depend on where you live as to what is suggested however.

Nothing special happens when they turn a year old, but we know most babies' digestive system is developed enough to better handle regular milk by that time.

If, however, your daughter is not eating a varied diet by 12 months, it would be even better for her to remain on formula a bit longer to insure she is getting an adequate combination of fats, calories, and nutrients.
    Aaronsmummy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 05:10 PM

I asked something of the same thing when my son was under 1 year old and I was told that he should remain on formula until over 1 year, but continue with meals and fruit etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

Can I feed my 3 month old cow's milk? [ 25 Answers ]

Have a 3 month old and am wondering if I can give him any type of cow's milk, whether it be whole, 2%, etc. I know its not RECOMMENDED, but am wondering what will happen. Thank you.

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

How much should I feed my 5 month old Lab? [ 1 Answers ]

I feed my 5 month old Lab 2 cups of food each morning, and night. Is that the correct amount? Thanks

View more questions Search