Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonboy_1313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 04:37 PM
    HVAC Pressure Swith or Limit Control
    My furnace will not light due to an open pressure swith or limit control switch.
    How do I check this switch and remedy the problem.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 04:49 PM
    You are asking professional how to bypass designed safety switches. I suggest that you contact your heating technician. Sorry, good intentions only go so far. One of my grizzly duties is forensic studies of heating systems gone bad. It's sad what people have rigged up to try and get by for a night and not calling a professional. Most never woke up!
    askme233 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Just a homeowner here.

I had a similar problem and found that if I jumped them with wire, then I could use that to narrow down which was open. Back to what therinnaiguy said, it was very tempting to just leave the swicthed jumped "just for the night" so my family could get some sleep, but those control points are there for a reason.

I found that blowing/sucking into the pressure switches a) helped me confirm the switch worked and b) unstuck the stuck one (at least for a while).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan/Limit Control Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I need help putting the wires back in their correct location! I couldn't remove the wires from the old control so I just disconnected them all at the other end. Now having the new control, I forgot where the black and white wires went on the indoor blower relay. My gas furnace is an old Lenox...

Pressure swith, well system [ 6 Answers ]

The points on the pressure switch "stick together" and then the pump will not run. This is happening quite frequently. It all started after we had been gone from the house for some time. Now, I was in the shower and noticed the pressure reducing & my hubby went out and tapped on the pressure...

Replacing a fan limit control switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York gas furnace that is about 18 years old. The fan is blowing continuously. Tried to replace the thermostat and it didn't correct the problems. I am assuming the fan limit control switch is bad. Can I replace it myself? It is a Honeywell switch. Should I remove it and take it with me to...

View more questions Search