Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Furnace efficiency
    I have a Concord hi efficiency furnace (125 BTU). It is piped with 3-inch supply and 3-inch exhaust rather than the 2-1/2 inch as recommended in the installation manual. Will this affect the efficiency?
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
    There may be a slight decrease in efficiency only because of the surface area exposed to the cold conditions. I would be more concerned about the proper back pressure in the exhaust system. If your venting system contains more than 2 90 degree elbows, you should be all right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Amana 80 High Efficiency Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Can anybody tell me if my Amana 80 SSE furnace has a Thermalcouple? My furnace started cutting out last night and I started asking around and a couple people told me that's what might be the problem. Someone else told me that my type of furnace doesn't have a Thermalcouple, but...

Concord 90% Efficiency Furnace Troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The furnaces vent blower comes on then no ignition of gas ,so it turns back off.? Does anyone know the Led Trouble shooting codes for this counterflow furnace? Model #45738-001.

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

Home Furnace Efficiency Ratings [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to build a house and so going through the process of understanding the details of the specs. Right now the builder uses an 80% Efficiency model, but others use a 90%. Is the 10% worth the investment to upgrade to (have not asked what that is). What number should I be looking at or...

Efficiency [ 3 Answers ]

1. A 100w light bulb produces 8w of light What happens to the other 92w?

View more questions Search