Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 2, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Black Cloud
    I feel like I have a big black clowd that follows me through everyday. I have gotten to the point where I have become agoraphobic. I used to be outgoing, popular, and would just let things roll off my back. In a nutshell, I've been through a marriage that ended because of his blatent infidelity, and 2 long term relationships that were mentally, verbally and physically abusive, and also ended with cheating. I have a sister that hasn't spoken to me in several years for no apparent reason, another sister who just has no time, and a brother with whom I tread lightly so I don't upset him! A Mom and Dad who talk about the importance of family, but don't practise what they preach, and friends that stab you in the back when you're not looking! I had 2 people who I considered to be my best friends, at the end of the day, and one threw me a real curve ball on New Years Eve, and we are not speaking now. I am not working right now, and on disability because of a hip injury that happened several yrs ago, so that keeps me at home alone a lot too. I have been to some counsellors, but it's now hard to get myself out during the day to get to any appts. Only my 1 sister that doesn't speak to me, and my brother who doesn't care, live where I live, so I don't get any help from them. This has seemed to all spiral out of control last Christmas when my ex broke into my house and assaulted me (broke my ribs and my cheekbone) and the legal system doesn't provide much help. It just seems like there are no more truly caring people left in this world at all! Some people can't remember the last time they cried... I can't remember the last time I didn't. I would just like some hope that things might get better someday... or if I'll jusst go to sleep and not wake up! I still hold out hope that there is someone out there that still cares!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Having a happy and successful life is all about having many interests in life so that when one area goes to ruin, a person has many other things to do that are going just fine.

I think your main emphasis has been on your relationships, so that when relationship problems swamp you, you get emotionally destroyed.

It is very important for a person to build a life, not just be driven by whatever way the wind blows. This is not the easiest lesson to learn, and not the most quick solution, but the only solution.

I think a Life Coach would be a great help for you. A well-balanced life includes activities such as participating in sports, having crafts, going to night school, volunteering, reading, friendships... and so on.

The wonderful thing is as soon as you begin to build a life, you start to feel better right away. :) Everyone has to go through this, build a life suitable to his/her situation, in order to be happy.

My best wishes to you,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s animated movie involving a child and a robot in a cloud city. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find th etitle of a movie I watched as a child for a while now. All I can really remember about it is that a child (I'm sure it was a boy), somehow befriended a large robot (in a rough man shaped form). The robot had a rectangulat face with one small round eye and one big...

Cloud Nine [ 3 Answers ]

My best friend was dating thi guy and she kept cheating on him now its over. I began talking to him as I friend because I cared deeply about his feeling during this time in his life. I had been talking to him frequently an began to fall in love with him he has an awesome personality he is a great...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

View more questions Search