Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copeland123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 06:29 PM
    Darker skin from shaving
    Hello,

I am an African American male and my problem is twofold. First, the places where I shave on my face have gotten darker (discoloration)and I would like to get that skin lighter so that is matches the rest of my face. I also have some dark
    Spots on my nose.

WHich products could help rid me of these problems? I've used Awashine and it did not work at all.

Sincerely,
    Copeland 123
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by copeland123
    Hello,

I am an African American male and my problem is twofold. First, the places where I shave on my face have gotten darker (discoloration)and I would like to get that skin lighter so that is matches the rest of my face. I also have some dark
    spots on my nose.

WHich products could help rid me of these problems? I've used Awashine and it did not work at all.

Sincerely,
    Copeland 123
    Take some glutathione, that helps even up skin tone. And use L'Oreal whitening products (Face)
    copeland123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
    Thank you both for your suggestions I will look into all of your suggestions. Again thank you very much.
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Glutathione work... BUT I don't think that one should always go for this product when in fact his problem is just his face and if it can be cured by simple creams and not so expensive medications...

copeland123, just find a whitening product may it be cream or toner, it will help. May not see result at once, just try and be patient. Don't just jump to products that promise you instant result for there is no such thing :) I believe. And try first the not so expensive one, because expensive does NOT necessarily mean effective...

May I suggest, go to an asian or filipino store, try using eskinol whitening toner. The white one without the grains :)
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Glutathione does work, but not as quickly as you would want it to be.
    okoteru(`?´) Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 02:50 AM
    Hi everyone!
    Good day! Id lyk to inform you all that "Dr.James Glutathione" is "FAKE".I bought dr.james gluta frm the e-bay.ph seller named applejuice21.there is no such supplement/vitamin as dr.james gluta.even the oxy-eater (inside dr.james gluta)inside of it (oxy-eater) is a tiny bits of stone.To all of you try checking online drug stores on the net.I found it myself.at amazon.com I found alots of branded,orig.US made Glutathiones and NACs.on the online drug stores.and there is no dr.james gluta US made!see for yourself.
    Hope it may help you guys.good luck.
    angeljav7845 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 09:35 AM
    I know this is old but in case someone finds this link as I did. Toners and whitening creams are not effective in the shainvg area as I have (in my opinion) severe darkness from shaving under my chin. I don't get razor bumps that usually occur and cause the darkness. I even used Obagi lightening products and it turned me into Casper the ghost and still left the darkness under my skin. :/

Im looking into Microdermabrasion which I heard can be effective but how knows. Best of luck!
    Fhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 05:21 AM
    I have not used Shave Secret but I was reading on a forum that it is very useful for removing darkness from shaved face area. I am also suffering from same problem, though not very acute. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Dark skin from shaving [ 1 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I have dark spots due to shaving. I do not know what to use because , I'm mixed does that matter? I just want to look my age with clear shin PLEASE HELP

Dark skin from shaving [ 2 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I have dark spots due to shaving. I do not know what to use because , I'm mixed does that matter? I would like to use something store bought and that's in my budget I just want to look my age with clear shin PLEASE HELP

Dark skin area due to shaving [ 1 Answers ]

I got a dark area on my face (neck) due to shaving. Please let me know any solutions to this problem ? Thanks...

View more questions Search