Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Heating - Payne unit
    My less than 3 year old Payne central heat/air unit will not put out heat. It is 59 degrees in our house today, and we are freezing. No money to hire a repairman. Was wondering if there is anything I could do to check it out. Thanks
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Linda, can you give me a model number of the indoor unit? Or can you tell me if the heating system used gas, oil or electricity?
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Lets start by checking the furnace filter (if it has one). Replace or clean. Look for any blinking lights within the furnace cabinet. You may have to remove the front access panel of the furnace and then look for a small clear window in the lower right side of the furnace. It may be blinking. If it is, relay the number it blinks. There may be two different numbers (2 blinks than a pause followed by 5 blinks). Relay this info back to us ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New air conditioning unit - Payne [ 16 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old are will not survive an inpending reroofing. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new A/C unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed. The estimate...

Carrier heating unit --fan won't work with heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a carrier heating unit installed in 2000... it worked fine since then but now... fan will work if we turn it ON by itself... but if we turn on auto heat then heater goes on (blower like sound) but fan doesn't force the air into the house... if we turn off the heat... fan comes on...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

Heating unit [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get the squirrel cage from the air duct blower motor

View more questions Search