Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HADENOUGH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Son out of control
    I have a 16 year old son who is verbally and mentally abusive not only to me but he is with my 6 other children He gets into trouble at school all the time he is now waiting trial for felony burglary I want to relinquish my parental rights, but my husband doesn't want to what can I do I can't take anymore abuse.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
    I'm really sorry to hear about your family anguish. Did this behavior come about recently, or has your son had a history of emotional and behavioral problems?
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 05:12 AM
    If he wants to be in control of himself let him. When it comes to having other children in the house that I assume are much younger you have to think of there future. They will grow up thinking that is how to be! If he asks to be emancipated let him. If he has a felony he has already thrown his chance at college away and his high school diploma because he most likely will go to jail. Be there for him if he needs you but your husband needs to think about your safety and your children's if he is abusive.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
    I am sorry about your son's behavior problem. He will probably end up going to prison and spending at least a year there due to the crime. He will never come back the same. He will either get much worse or much better. He will get "tough" from who he hangs out with in jail or he will "get Jesus" and come out a better person. Right now his future is dim. I would not disown him if I were you just yet as possibly he will "get Jesus" and straighten himself out. You can pray to the Lord for help, you know. If he knows Mom and Dad still love him and care about him he's got a chance to get right with himself. If he thinks Mom is a b**tch and doesn't care about him - you will be pushing him right into the arms of his prison pals who will happily teach him how to be a better criminal when he gets out. It's up to you, Mom, to let him know you LOVE him dearly, but you cannot stand his present behavior. A mother's unconditional love for a child never changes and I don't think you should let his present behavior cloud your love for him now when he obviously needs your love and support due to his present situation.
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2008, 07:39 PM
    If they are in prision I would hope he doesn't take how to be abetter criminal classes from them seeing as they were evidently bad at it also. --just an obsevation.

A mothers love does make his chances better at turning around but some people just don't want to. I have my own experiences there and I feel for you.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Sorry, but maybe for the sake of the younger kids he'd be better off in jail or at a detention facility.
    Have you considered boot camp, or military school? They have scholarships for that and one of there programs might be able to help both you and your son.
    Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

I can't control myself? [ 2 Answers ]

When I am going to date I can't control myself and in that time I can't express my point.

Out of control [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a strong appetite suppressant to control my hunger. Really need some help;currently on a diet, high protein and low carb, but finding it difficult to control my hunger-needless to say sneaking extra calories here and there... Lost someone I real loved a year ago and have gotten out...

Out of control 24 yr old. [ 4 Answers ]

I am a parent of a 24 yr old daughter who has been out of control since she was in 8th grade. We have tried everything possible to get her on the right track and nothing we do or say helps her. Within the last 4 years she has cost us about $10,000 or more. First of all she started dating a guy...

View more questions Search