Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Poodlesme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Water tank overflow to stormwater leaking
    Hi, I am new to this site but was hoping someone could help me with a watertank issue.
    I have a 3000L external tank, not plumbed in to the house but used for watering the garden, in Brisbane, Australia.
    With all the rain it fills up very quickly and then the water flows to the overflow stormwater drain through PVC pipe. Where the 2 PVC pipes join is horizontal and I get a constant running stream of water escaping from this point (ie the pipes are not joined, just slotted together). It fills about a 10L bucket of water/hr.
    Can anyone recommend if I should seal this point? Apparently you don't seal it so it can be cleaned or how I can stop this problem (eg. Is there some type of pipe that could fit over the top to stop this weak point). All the water is causing erosion beneath my concrete slab the tank sits on.
    Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 10:11 PM
    How big are the pipes? At at least up through inch, you can buy PVC compression unions. With one of them, you could seal the joint, but still easily take it apart when you needed to. For larger pipes, there are Fermco couplings meant for cast iron or cast to PVC.
    Poodlesme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 06:18 PM
    The pipes are quite big (probably about 10cms wide) - would the Fermco couplings be the best option then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water tank inlets leaking [ 3 Answers ]

My father and I installed a new water heater this weekend and the cold water inlet and hot water outlet is slowly leaking, how do I fix this problem?

Leaking Water Expansion Tank [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Watts Water Expansion Tank, I assume it is the 2 gallon size, that has developed a leak in the tank. It is attached to my hot water heater and when the cold water valve is turn on, a fine thin spray of water comes out of the top of the unit. It is not leaking where it is attached to...

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

Leaking water tank! [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Advice needed?? The over flow from our loft tank always leaks after hot water is used, we have two tanks in the loft and the smaller one is the one overflowing, the ball valve isn't leaking and the ball iself is intact but it does tend to be 80% submerged I have bought a new valve but...

Leaking overflow pipe in water tank [ 2 Answers ]

How do I stop my overflow pipe in the cold water tank from leakin?

View more questions Search