Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsheppi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Lease option/backing out
    I recently signed a lease with the option to purchase agreement with a tenant. It has been 2 days and he wants to back out of this agreement. Is there a cooling off period or recission period for leases in Nevada? I believe that I can hold him responsible for the lease/option. He gave me a check for deposit for the optionllease and now is putting a stop payment on the check. What can I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
    The right of recission may apply here. That right is federal law, and the Fed statute refers to real estate loans, so this may qualify. I wouldn't test it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease/option w/ landlord foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lease/option in the home I'm living in with my wife and 3 children. My lease expires in June of 2008. The owner of the property has been receiving registered mail from a bank, and just yesterday received 2 letters from attorneys office. This attorney specializes in foreclosure. What...

Tenant Breaks Lease-Option prior to move in [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my townhouse was on the market and I was approached by someone interested in renting to own. After careful thought and advise from friends and family, I decided to proceed. The person listed terms, that were all agreeable to me, so I bought a contract online and which we completed...

KS lease with option eviction laws [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home in KS, we did a lease with option contract, the leasers are over $8000. Behind on rent. I would like to know what I do to evict them in the state of Kansas.

Help lease option [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for a landlord to walk in hand you a lease option paper asking for a high amount of money and give you 30 days to move if you do not have it? Then to ask for a counter proposal which I did, all in writing he had not seen it we discussed ot over the phone a agreed I sent a check he...

View more questions Search