Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeannelothrop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 12:00 PM
    How do I privately sell my time share
    We have a buyer for our time share but do not know how to legally sell it. What is the process, what paper work do we need?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
    I don't advocate private sales because some stipulation or other is always left out. I would suggest you be on the safe side and hire a lawyer to advise you, and possibly do the proper paper work to facilitate the sale. Or pay a fee to a realestate agency and have it done.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
    You contact the property owner's association for the time share and ask them what is necessary for trasnferring ownership. A lot depends on whether you have a deeded property or not. If its deeded, then the new deed has to be registered. But the association should be able to give you all the details.

It may not be necessary to go through an attorney on this.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Have an attorney draft up a contract of sale based on the terms you've negotiated with the buyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time Share [ 4 Answers ]

My parents own a Time Share They have both Died. No one in my family wants it . It is way over due on fees. Can I just forget about it and let the company repo it? Can they come after me for my parents fees? They have called me and offered to let me transfer it back to them but first they say I...

When is the best time to sell the puppies [ 3 Answers ]

When will I be able to sell the puppies my dog just had yesterday? How long do they have to be with the mama?

Non payment of time share assessment [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what the time-share management can do if I refuse to pay my yearly assessment. The time-share is in solana beach

Time share [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Time Share in Florida, I stay in Michigan. I have been paying Maintenance Fee's and Taxes since about 1998. Can these fee's and taxes be claimed on my Federal Income Taxes, or how can I claim what I've paid down there. Thanks Thorn

View more questions Search