Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aahernandez777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Hairlight distress
    I go to the beauty shop and ask for gold highlights. They always turn out white. How can I get the highlights gold and to stay gold. I want yellow gold. Don't want white hair because I am 58, I need shampoo or color advice.:confused: How can I get yellow gold highlights instead of white ones?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Hi there! It is always good to look at color swatches the hair dresser has on hand to show her the color you want. It sounds as if she is taking your natural color out too far but even so, should be able to use a tint with a gold base in it to provide the color you desire. If the color is fading too quickly after you receive it, you might be using a "deep cleansing shampoo" and should go to a moisturizing shampoo or more mild shampoo and use the deep cleansing only just prior to processing hair color. There are also products you can get to seal the color on the hair to help it stay better. Be aware also that being in the sun can also affect the length of time the color stays true.

If you have much gray hair, it is good to know that sometimes gray hair is more resistant to receiving color but the hair dresser should be able to know what to use to achieve desired results. If the hairdresser does not provide what you want after a few times, as it takes a few times sometimes working with someone's hair to really get to know the hair, then I would just try another hair dresser. If you are on medications, you need to let the hairdresser know that also because that could affect desired results.

I am not a hairdresser! I am sure someone will address this question and better than I but wanted you to know your post is being read. Best of luck to you. Happy New Year!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 1, 2008, 08:53 AM
    If you have your heart set on having yellow- gold highlights, simply use a permanent golden blonde hair color over your current highlights. The golden blonde color will give you golden highlights.
    Aunt Sam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aahernandez777
    I go to the beauty shop and ask for gold highlights. They always turn out white. How can I get the highlights gold and to stay gold. I want yellow gold. Dont want white hair because I am 58, I need shampoo or color advice.:confused: How can I get yellow gold highlights instead of white ones?
    Is the hair stylist using bleach when she does your highlight? If so she is toning you afterward to get you to white. You should stop him or her and remind them that you are positive you want gold highlight and are not happy with how its been looking. Also you can go back to the salon after you have had a service done and let them know your not happy with the color and you want gold put over it. They should do it for free it's a quick easy process. Use shampoo for blonde hair, or goldwelll sells colorance, it's a conditioner that refreshes color and they have it in gold. You might be able to buy that at your salon or where you can get professional hair care products. I am a licensed cosmetologist.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 03:37 PM
    A Golden Blonde or Medium Golden Blonde hair color should be able to tone the light highlights and make it more yellow-gold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe financial distress, 80 yr old [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is 80 yrs old, and just had to retire from her job with the school district, she worked in the cafeteria. This past December and January she tried to find some way to supplement her SS benefits, she knew she had to take her retirement at the end of May due to her health. She has COPD,...

What is post distress syndrome disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

What is post distress syndrome disorder?how can I get help?

Virgin in distress! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I'm in a very confusing situation at the moment. It all started during my second semester of college when a close friend and I started getting closer physically, at first it was weird (I've never hooked up with anyone but my serious ex-boyfriend) and we promised ourselves it would never happen...

Gran in Distress [ 11 Answers ]

Son and wife now divorced. He lives in Florida, ex-wife and 1 yr old son in W. Virginia. Gran in Florida wants to go and see grandson but ex-dau-in-law says No. Do I have visitation rights?

View more questions Search