Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summer6510 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Retail business requests cheques for reno
    Initiating a large interior home reno. Dealing with one main retail business that supplies flooring, kitchen and bathroom supplies plus will install and complete plumbing and electrical. Was planning on putting through my credit card to achieve travel points. They however have frowned on this process and request cheques as the credit card company charges them a percentage to process and they loose. I can see possibly not processing through credit card on labour, but actual products like sinks etc. Can they specify how I pay? Reno will be over 100,000.00.
    Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Yes they can refuse to do business with you, if you don't pay the way they want.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Yes, but you also can tell them that you will not do business with them, unless they let you pay the way you want. I doubt that the losing of a few percent will let you walk out the door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage marriage in Reno-Tahoe [ 1 Answers ]

How do we get married if were under age?

Deadbeat Father requests to reduce arrears? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been served after 8+ years of abandonment by my daughters biodad. He owes over $10,000 in child support. He is taking me to court to reduce child support (which he doesn't pay anyway? ), Medical Support (I provide 100% med and dental, he is not ordered to pay this because I never trusted...

Special requests [ 17 Answers ]

OK I know that you all don't know me-but I am in desperation right now. I've been going through some really tough times in my life and believe it or not, I feel like God is angry with me... maybe for making some bad decisions, I don't know. But every decision I make is for nothing but the best of...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Bathroom reno [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am attaching a picture of what I have, I would like to be sure the vents are right and as good as they can be. Right now the toilet does not flush properly at all. Any thoughts? Thanks, Diane sorry guys, they say a picture is worth a thousand words?:rolleyes: Now the picture is...

View more questions Search