Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qliu65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Kenmore Electric dryer does not heat
    I have a Kenmore Elite Electric dryer (model# 110.63952102). The dryer runs without heat. The relay seems fine. I would like to check the heat element and I saw it located on the right side from the front panel. How can I take it out and how do check it? Thanks
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Check it without removing.Unplug unit. Just remove 1 wire from it and check for continuity. If none element is bad and needs replaced
    qliu65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Check it without removing.Unplug unit. Just remove 1 wire from it and check for continuity. If none element is bad and needs replaced
    Thanks Doug. Bad means open (high resistance), am I right? Some elements (such as thermal cut-off) are very hard to reach. Do you have any trick to do it? Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Electric Dryer no heat and does not stop running [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, New thing for me, but I'm at the end of my rope. I've read all the information I could find in the forums and repair clinics, followed those that were consistent and excitedly thought I'd fixed my dryer. Well, no. I'd replaced the heating element, the cord from the dryer to the wall, had...

Kenmore elite HE3 electric dryer won't heat. [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions on repair? Air blows strong out of vent. Everything seems to work fine just no heat

Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Does Not Heat Up [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore electric dryer does not heat up like it should. The dryer gets warm and eventually dries the clothes, but it's taking 3 times as long.

Kenmore electric dryer run but no heat. [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first dryer and soon as 3 year warranty goes out it start to act up. I did cut off/on both the breakers to see if it help, but apparently not other than that everything works. I never look inside the dryer before so I have no idea what the thermostat nor a fuse look like and where...

View more questions Search