Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RNHUNTER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Hourly labor laws
    I work for a faily large body shop that has all four estimators on a set salary. As of 01/02/08 we are told we have to go to hourly rate. And was told it will be calculated by our old salary for 12 months divided into hours. We also currently get no vacation... my question is one of several for one, are we due any sick time or vaction time? Can they demand no overtime be worked? Do we have to convert to hourly pay? And last, what is the advantage to this company to switch us to hourly?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
    1. Unless there is a contract or union agreement, yes a company can change your pay as they desire.

2. there is no legal requirement to give you vacation pay or paid time off.

3. yes, they can make a rule that there is no overtime. They can set your hours.

4. if and when you take off they don't have to pay you for the full week.
    Also there are min requireements as to how much has to be paid to be hourly, so if you were under that amount it would mean they would have to pay over time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary Labor Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Im a maintenance manager Salary employee, I have been with my company 4 1/2 years. Ever since I worked for this company I have been on emergency stand by call 24 hours a day 365 days a week. Even when I am on vacation I answer emergency phone calls. My company cell phone has become a part of my...

Labor Law in New Hampshire, Salaried vs Hourly [ 3 Answers ]

My question is: If an employer put someone on salary,(supervisor/manager), can that position be taken away from him/her for no reason given? Can a salaried person have his salaried position taken away and put on hourly wages if he/she has had that salaried position for more than 2 years?

Work labor laws [ 31 Answers ]

Hello. My question is... in a manufacturing company, what is the law according to breaks? We work 8-12 hour shifts. Some employees work 8, others 10 and about 70 work 12 hours. There are no set breaks. Now we are starting a no smoking in the building policy and no one is to take a smoke break...

Work/labor laws [ 6 Answers ]

Can a company legally work and employee 26 days straight with no time off?:confused:

View more questions Search