Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkernie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Son and family living with me, out of control
    My 28 year old son and his family moved in with me 6 months ago, it was supposed to be for one month. They agreed to pay $125 a week for the 4 of them. Very seldom have I received any rent. They abuse me, they leave my house a mess, they threaten me and my pets. I can not afford to do an eviction notice. I have called the police and basically been told they can do nothing. I have also been told I can not talk to my grandchildren who are 3 months and 16 months.
    cwarricksgal Posts: 15, Reputation: -1

Dec 31, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bkernie
    My 28 year old son and his family moved in with me 6 months ago, it was supposed to be for one month. They agreed to pay $125 a week for the 4 of them. Very seldom have I received any rent. They abuse me, they leave my house a mess, they threaten me and my pets. I can not afford to do an eviction notice. I have called the police and basically been told they can do nothing. I have also been told I can not talk to my grandchildren who are 3 months and 16 months.
    Bull Crap you can't do anything . Give them 30 days in writing and have it notorized .
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cwarricksgal
    Bull Crap you can't do anything . Give them 30 days in writing and have it notarized .
    I agree. Then put them out. Call the cops if necessary when you do it. Have your locks changed.
    Is there someone else in the family that can help you get them out of the house? Has your son always been so disrespectful? I just can't imagine an adult child doing that to his or her parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unhappy in marriage; Trapped living with his family [ 6 Answers ]

I apologize in advance for the novel, but I would really like some objective advice on my relationship. All of my friends and members of my side of the family tell me I should leave, but, being pragmatic, I know that they're biased. I'll try to tell this as objectively as possible, though I know...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

When I should tell my family about living on-campus [ 6 Answers ]

Next year I would prefer to live on campus, because where I live is far to school, it takes me 1h 30 min to get there. So it limits my opportunities I can take on campus. I am thinking about taking minor (additional classes) and perhaps join some club, don't worry about weather- in Chicagoland it...

Looking for members of the Greer Family Tree living in Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee [ 2 Answers ]

I have started searching my family lines on my mother side... it is a total challenge for the different cultures and heritages that are involved... have some information about the Greer Family with this special history please contact...

Family Member Removal when Owner Not Living on Premises [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation where an elderly son, his daughter and grandson all live in his mother's home. She (age 90), however, hasn't lived there for 9 years. Every time she has asked him to move out so she can sell, he talks her out of it. Now she is serious because she needs to go into an assisted...

View more questions Search