Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcarnivale Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 06:57 AM
    100% Pure vs. Organic Maple Syrup
    I buy Spring Tree brand maple syrup who sell both a "100% Pure All Natural" and a "Certified Organic" product. Both products are identical in taste and color, save for a small logo on the organic label. Both are products of Canada. Maple Syrup comes from trees on the maker's land, or land he leases, so is there really a difference between the two, besides the label and the price?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Pure maple syrup is organic by nature (versus the Aunt Jemima type brands that are flavored sugar syrups). By putting the Organic logo on the label they are trying to charge a higher price for no additional feature whatsoever. I live in maple syrup sugar shack areas so I know this stuff.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Post back their answer, I'll be curious as to what they say. :D
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Technically 100% pure only means that there is no fillers used in the syrup (like corn syrup) to bring the cost of production down... whereas Organic implies that no chemicals were used to fertilize the trees or force the syrup out and no artificial preservatives were added to the syrup.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 01:25 PM
    I am beginning to believe a lot of companies are using the Organic sticker just for the additional profit, on like products, Like what's been explained, organic is the way something has been grown, fed, cultivated, checking labels, nutritional labels in particular will help undersand what is in each product.
    shurikx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 05:30 PM
    There is a real difference between 100% pure maple syrup and organic maple syrup. Both product are made from maple sap only but it's more related to the way the maple farm is run. You can read a bit more about organic maple syrup here: http://www.maplesyrupworld.com/pages/Organic-Maple-Syrup.html/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple syrup [ 4 Answers ]

How do you make simple syrup and how long does it keep?

Pure vitamins? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been reading up on vitammins and their affects on the immune system, so my doctor and I have decited to start using vitamin , but I have no idea where to but them from because I have also read that most store bought vitamin are not regulated on their ingridents, does anyone know where I can...

Pure science [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think that government funds (taxpayers money) should be spent on pure science research?

Advil and Cough Syrup [ 1 Answers ]

My ovulation started on the 5-9th of dec my husband and I had sex all through.On Sunday the 10th I was down with a flu the doctor prescribed advil for me and cough syrup.I have been taking it though,I want to know if is okay can it affect me conceiving

Maple syrup biscuits [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to make biscuits with maple syrup. Has any of you a recipe ? Thanks

View more questions Search