Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 07:37 PM
    To help your eyesight may I suggest taking Lutein. It has helped my eyesight sharpen and get a bit better. It is expensive though but could help you.
    drhani Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Hi friend my eyesight iz -2 .five yrs back I used a homeo pathic medicine and that was really very effective now I'm planning to go to the same dr I remembered my eyesight was improved to -1 but again it iz -2 as I have to read a lot due to my studies and I don't sleep at night homeopathic medicines don't have side effects I will tell you the name of that med after consulting to homeo dr,,
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 10:50 PM
    That doesn't make much sense.

What medicine are you referring to? How is it used? And are you saying that you went from a -2.50 to a -1.00 to a -2.00?? That's not your eye sight getting better, that's some drug messing with your vision and making it fluctuate. Is that in both eyes? Left? Right?

Have you consulted an acutal medical doctor about this?
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Mar 14, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Have you tried wearing contacts?
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Mar 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnkmeiwes
    Have you tried wearing contacts?

Yeah, that's what I'm wearing now. Although someone did message me some information. It has been helping my vision greatly, I still need glasses or contacts but it's stopping my eyesight from getting worse. This person didn't want to post it because of the constant attacks on this post.

Mar 14, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bigchamp
    Yeah, that's what I'm wearing now. Although someone did message me some information. It has been helping my vision greatly, I still need glasses or contacts but it's stopping my eyesight from getting worse. This person didn't want to post it becuase of the constant attacks on this post.
    I do not know what all of your visual problems are but Visual therapies DO work for certain eye diseases. For an example:
    A child age 2-5 has a lazy eye. (1 eye that see's worse than the other) parents are encouraged to patch the good eye in order to build strengh in the bad eye. Another method is by dilating the good eye to blur it out and make the weak eye work harder to see to strengthin it. After the age of about 7 though this method doesn't work as well because you eyes lose some of the abilities to accommodate (see with out glasses).

There are other visual therapies I have heard of but am not familiar with though. Find out what you exact condition is. A lot of people think lasik fixes ALL eye problems, when really it only corrects near or far sightedness and occasionally is used for certain corneal eye problems as treatments.

Let me know if I can help.
    (PS I am a certified ophthalmic tech)

Mar 15, 2008, 08:18 AM
    I do not know what all of your visual problems are but Visual therapies DO work for certian eye diseases. For an example:
    A child age 2-5 has a lazy eye. (1 eye that see's worse than the other) parents are encouraged to patch the good eye in order to build strengh in the bad eye. Another method is by dilating the good eye to blur it out and make the weak eye work harder to see to strengthin it. After the age of about 7 though this method doesn't work as well because you eyes lose some of the abilities to accomodate (see with out glasses).

There are other visual therapies I have heard of but am not familar with though. Find out what you exact condition is. Alot of people think lasik fixes ALL eye problems, when really it only corrects near or far sightedness and occasionally is used for certian corneal eye problems as treatments.

Let me know if I can help.
    (PS I am a certified ophthalmic tech)
    I just have near sightedness, I didn't want to do lasik because of the risk of messing up my eyesight. Someone did send me a site that described some eye therapy that has been working for me, and with the suggestion of Lutein fro someone my vision has been getting better. It's not up to the point of where I don't have to wear glasses or contacts, but I can make out things more effectivly.

Mar 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
    I have a question, Are you a smoker? Lutein eye vitamins are usually given to patients that smoke because some of the "other" vitamins may have a systemic affect. If you are not a smoker then check out ARED vitamins (Age Related Eye Disease). But as always you should check with your Dr before mixing medications, even OTC meds.

Mar 15, 2008, 06:56 PM
    I have a question, Are you a smoker? Lutein eye vitamins are usually given to patients that smoke because some of the "other" vitamins may have a systemic affect. If you are not a smoker then check out ARED vitamins (Age Related Eye Disease). But as always you should check with your Dr before mixing medications, even OTC meds.
    Im not a smoker, I may have smoked once or twice to try it but never caught my tastes. And dude, I'm only 19, I don't have any eye diseases and am too young to have age related eye problems. I'm only near sighted and am trying to fix my eyes a little. I sat in front of the TV a little too long.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Im not a smoker, I may have smoked once or twice to try it but never caught my tastes. and dude, I'm only 19, I don't have any eye diseases and am too young to have age related eye problems. I'm only near sighted and am trying to fix my eyes a little. I sat in front of the tv a little too long.
    Being 19 does not disclude you from having an eye disease.

Mar 15, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Being 19 does not disclude you from having an eye disease.
    Yea, I know it will not stop me from having disease but it will stop me from having age related disease. Im not going to get disease because I am the age of 19.
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Age related diseases such as cataracts can happen to younger people too. They are mostly cause by trauma.. So that is not entirely true.

Mar 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Age related diseases such as cataracts can happen to younger people too. They are mostly cause by trauma.. So that is not entirely true.
    I know about cataracts, what I meant by my statement is that I am not old.
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
    I know about cataracts, what I meant by my statement is that I am not old.
    I can't assume what you mean, I can just read the words and go by that.
    MikeCoza2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 01:09 AM
    If you want to have a better eyesight you should know first the eye exercises that can strengthen the muscle of your eyes & reduces eyestrain, eye exercises such as Call The Ball, Follow Your Thumb, Palming, Bead And String, Look Away, yoga, and even acupuncture. Have also healthy diet to maintain/sustain the nutrients needed by your eyes, eat foods such as Carrot, Eggs, Milk, Apricots, Berries, Black Currants, Cold-water Fish, Collard Green, Grapefruits, Grapes, Lemons, Plums, Spinach, Fish Oil, Raw Garlic(fresh). If you want to know more about how to improve eyesight naturally, visit at How To Improve Your Eyesight Naturally Without Glasses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eyesight problems - flashing/sparkles [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but here goes: Over the last few days I have been having problems with my eyesight, the best I can describe it is like the flashing pixels in a computer/tv - my whole sight is like this. It's not blurred in any way, nor is there any really bright flashing...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

How to understand eyesight number [ 2 Answers ]

What does this mean in terms of eyesight - CYL -R--2.25, L - -2.75

Cat's eyesight [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that cats can see in the dark, or is this just a myth?

Hearing and eyesight question.. Please read [ 4 Answers ]

I have two sisters who have been deaf since birth. I am the middle child yet I was unaffected. They also are having a problem with their eye sight. Its like tunnel vision I think. As the years go by their side vision keeps shrinking. My older sister can't see anything that's not in front of her. I...

View more questions Search