Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 14, 2008, 07:52 PM
    It isn't true, I have heard of people getting back their 20/20 vision. One of my old middle school friends had to wear glasses, and almost a year later he got his regular vision back. He told me he was doing some kind of eye excersizes, and back then I didn't have glasses so I didn't care to ask him some more questions.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Okay, if anyone else disagrees with me, please say so instead of giving me a reddie. Don't you think three is enough? Geez, people.
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Eye therapy doesn't work... it's crap. Like I said.

Jan 15, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Then explain how my old friend got his regular eyesight back?
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bigchamp
    Then explain how my old friend got his regular eyesight back?
    Did he tell you that or did his doctor tell you that? Adn believe it or not, eyesight DOES get better. It'll get worse eventually.

Jan 15, 2008, 05:49 PM
    His doctor did, his father was an optometrist. All I know was that his dad put him on the excersize.
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
    His doctor did, his father was an optometrist. All I know was that his dad put him on the excersize.
    Yeah, Im sorry, Ive worked for Optometrists... they're not all the brightest crayons in the box. And they are not Medical Doctors... I only trust my eyes to someone that has a medical degree.

Jan 15, 2008, 09:19 PM
    You know what, since no one here can answer my question and is just here to go back and forth about methods. I'm ignoring all future posts.
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Good, people give you answers and if they are not "I know someone that can perform magic to make your eyesight perfect" then you don't want to hear it. I already told you that I work for someone that gets as close to that as possible, but you won't hear it. You only see the bad outcomes of Laser eye surgery. There are far better outcomes. I saw a patient today, at his follow-up after surgery. Before surgery he was 20/200 in both eyes, today (three months later), he was 20/10 in his right (dominant eye), and 20/15 in his left eye.

Jan 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
    I was talking about you. And it's not that I want some magic, it's that I've seen people who have gotten back their eyesight without lasik eye surgery and are living a contact and glasses free life. I look at it this way, I can get contacts and that would be okay. There's no risk and it will give me the eyesight I need without it hindering my abilities. But if I get laser eye surgery, there's a risk that it would hinder my abilities to an extent where I cannot perform the tasks that my job require. Then if I do end up having night blindness or any other bad outcome, I will not be able to work and get money so I can provide for my family. So when you tell me lasik eye surgery works and that is your only alternative besides glasses, I see it as your telling me to risk putting my ability to provide for my family so I can get lasik eye surgery. I'm just asking if anyone here knows of the alernatives to lasik eye surgery and then you tell me what I don't want to hear.
    Vision Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I was talking about you. And it's not that I want some magic, it's that I've seen people who have gotten back thier eyesight without lasik eye surgery and are living a contact and glasses free life. I look at it this way, I can get contacts and that would be okay. There's no risk and it will give me the eyesight I need without it hindering my abilities. But if I get laser eye surgery, theres a risk that it would hinder my abilities to an extent where I cannot perform the tasks that my job require. Then if I do end up having night blindness or any other bad outcome, I will not be able to work and get money so I can provide for my family. So when you tell me lasik eye surgery works and that is your only alternative besides glasses, I see it as your telling me to risk putting my ability to provide for my family so I can get lasik eye surgery. I'm just asking if anyone here knows of the alernatives to lasik eye surgery and then you tell me what I don't want to hear.
    I'm sorry that you don't want to hear the truth. If their "eye therapy worked for them, try it. If you don't mind contacts, get them.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
    OK... so you only want to hear what you want to hear?

If you know people who have gotten their vision back, ask THEM!

And stop being a whining little snot who doesn't like to hear the truth.

Man... change your login to dabigchump.

b!tch and moan all you want. It hasn't stopped you yet.

Jan 17, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I'm sorry that you don't want to hear the truth. If their "eye therapy worked for them, try it. If you don't mind contacts, get them.
    That is the thing, I don't know these people anymore and that is why I'm asking the question. If ou paid attention to my posts you would know that.

Jan 17, 2008, 11:44 PM
    And I'd wish you all to say that to me in real life.
    Vision Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Sorry I'm not going to travel to where you are just to tell you that you have limited options. Get contacts.

Jan 18, 2008, 12:08 AM
    O well next time I'm in Vancouver, maybe you'll have a chance.
    Vision Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Nohelp4u--sounds like the person you are referring to has epithelial ingrowth, she should talk to her doctor... they just lift the flap clean under it and all is good... just means that skin was growing under her flap. If the eyesight in that eye isn't as well, that's another sign...
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Jan 25, 2008, 07:24 AM
    I admire ChihuahuaMomma who is valiantly trying to impart some genuine scientific information. I am totally on your side Momma. As they say "Where ignorance is bliss................" People just want to be told what they want to hear.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Jan 25, 2008, 07:32 AM
    And J_9 - health expert!! Night blindness (or Nyctalopia) is caused by Vitamin A deficiency, specifically Beta Carotene. Lasik & Night Blindness??
    Vision Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by supriya _82
    I admire ChihuahuaMomma who is valiantly trying to impart some genuine scientific information. I am totally on your side Momma. As they say "Where ignorance is bliss................" People just want to be told what they want to hear.
    Thank you, Supriya.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eyesight problems - flashing/sparkles [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but here goes: Over the last few days I have been having problems with my eyesight, the best I can describe it is like the flashing pixels in a computer/tv - my whole sight is like this. It's not blurred in any way, nor is there any really bright flashing...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

How to understand eyesight number [ 2 Answers ]

What does this mean in terms of eyesight - CYL -R--2.25, L - -2.75

Cat's eyesight [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that cats can see in the dark, or is this just a myth?

Hearing and eyesight question.. Please read [ 4 Answers ]

I have two sisters who have been deaf since birth. I am the middle child yet I was unaffected. They also are having a problem with their eye sight. Its like tunnel vision I think. As the years go by their side vision keeps shrinking. My older sister can't see anything that's not in front of her. I...

View more questions Search