Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Go ahead. I really don't see where you have anything to lose.
    schwartzyms Posts: 134, Reputation: 4

Jan 1, 2008, 06:46 PM
    I don't know when we will be, if we hang out at her house the door will always be open, and at my house the door will only be open if my mom is home because my dad trusts me.

Jan 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
    What makes it a strange statement? I'm not saying this in a mean way at all, I'm just curious.

Jan 1, 2008, 07:04 PM
    If you mean strange in a way that she just wants sex or something, I'm not into that at this age, don't get me wrong I want to do it, but doing it at this age is just plain stupid because there's a 5% chance that a condom won't work and that 5% could happen to you at anytime and that means that you just screwed up your life at a very young age
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jan 1, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by schwartzyms
    If you mean strange in a way that she just wants sex or something, im not into that at this age, dont get me wrong i want to do it, but doing it at this age is just plain stupid because theres a 5% chance that a condom wont work and that 5% could happen to you at anytime and that means that you just screwed up your life at a very young age

I don't really mean she wants sex. There's probably nothing wrong with it considering her age. It's just strange to me 'cause no way in heck would I ever say that or even think it just from a first date. Maybe it's just my old age and my tendency to be suspicious of people. Just forget I said that, it was a stupid thought.

Jan 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Haha OK, it really wasn't a stupid thought. A lot of people think like that. Everyone has there own opinion on certain things.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by schwartzyms
    If you mean strange in a way that she just wants sex or something, im not into that at this age, dont get me wrong i want to do it, but doing it at this age is just plain stupid because theres a 5% chance that a condom wont work and that 5% could happen to you at anytime and that means that you just screwed up your life at a very young age
    You sound like a person who thinks things out carefully and thoughtfully. I commend you for wanting to wait. As far as the kiss, one of the kisses I received that has stayed with me was when I was 15, went out with a guy two years older so was nervous. It was a group party in the evening outside. I did not kiss guys on the first date because to me a kiss was so special. Toward the end of the evening, he was just holding my hand and kissed me on the cheek. We ended up dating for almost four years, never did consummate the love because of my convictions to wait until marriage but sure enjoyed the holding, kissing and such. He was respectful of that even though he wanted to go further.

The sensuality of the kiss has been done away with it seems with relationships moving so fast. To me there is nothing so sensual as a time when you feel the breath of the one you care about on your cheek as he leans in and gently touches his lips to yours in a sweet and caring kiss, gentle but firm, pulling you toward him. "Airbrused kisses" as I like to call them where the lips barely touch for a bit then end in a sweet deep kiss are remembered long after for me. There is plenty of time for the passioate kissing that moves into another area.

Best of luck as you continue to make good choices for your life. :)

Jan 2, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Thanks

Were going to the beach when it starts to get dark out. I can't wait for us to have some alone time to just talk and be together. I really like this girl and I want to be with her for a long time. I want to make the first kiss memorable but I don't even know how to kiss.

Jan 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Tomorrow we are going*

Jan 3, 2008, 11:19 AM
    So instead of the beach we are going to go bowling, but we have no idea what to do afterwards.

Any suggestions?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Go somewhere to eat? To get ice cream? To a big mall?

Jan 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Well she asked if I wanted to go to a fire that were parents and grandpa and cousins and sister are going to be at and I don't know if I should

I want to spend time with her but I don't know if I'm ready to spend time with her and her family, and plus I'm a really shy person
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 11:32 AM
    A fire?

Jan 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Like bon fire
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
    You sound like a very fun person. Go to the fire and print in black marker and wear a name tag that's says "I'm shy - be gentle" with a smiley face on it or some such thing. Her family will think you are so cute and adorable.

Jan 3, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Seriously? Haha I will so do that

Jan 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
    I'm nervous about being asked questions by her dad. Do you know any questions that are commonly asked?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Lemmee see --

"How's school?"
    "What classes do you have?"
    "Have you thought about what you want to do after high school?"
    "Do you have any pets?"
    "What's your favorite sport?"
    "What's your favorite team?"
    'Who's your favorite player?"
    "What's your favorite make and model of car?"
    "Who would you vote for for president if you could vote?" (tricky one)
    "Are you planning to marry my daughter?"

Here's a fabuous site I just came across a few minutes ago. It helps with all sorts of questions and problems in relationships and dating including how to unhook a bra one-handed --

Relationships how to articles from wikiHow

Here are a few "meeting her father" pointers from that site --

- Smile a lot and laugh at jokes that are told. Ask the father questions and engage him in conversation. People love to talk about themselves, so act interested in what he has to say! Also, ask questions about your girlfriend. Fathers are proud and love to see that their children are admired and cared for. Do not dominate the conversation entirely. Talk about yourself, but make sure it is a two-way conversation. You are learning about each other.

- Speak respectfully of your own parents and family when discussing them. It shows that you have respect for your elders and that you maintain a loving relationship with them.

- Keep your cool. If the father's personality clashes with yours and you dislike being around him, don't forget that he raised the girl you love and grin and bear it. If your relationship lasts, he will always be a part of your life. Be as polite as possible.

- Thank him (and the mom) verbally after the party or dinner or picnic or get-together and send a thank you note by mail when you get home. People love getting thank you notes; it is a thoughtful gesture.

- After the meeting, make sure to tell him that it was a pleasure meeting him and you look forward to seeing him again in the future!

Jan 3, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Thanks a lot!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 10:19 PM
    There's always the father's question of... What are your intentions with my daughter?

And...

Have you heard about my gun collection?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

Had sex 6 or 7 days before period due date [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I just want to know if you can get pregnant 7 days before your period is due? The reason I am asking is, I am two days late for my period. All week I have had brown watery discharge then on my day of period that is meant to be due was brownish discharge. No cramping. Had mild sore breast...

Not started monthly periods. Date was before 8 days [ 1 Answers ]

Not started monthly periods. Date was before 8 days.not planning for pregnanacy

Unprotected sex 6 days before expected period date [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this. :) Anyway I had unprotected sex 6 days before expected period date. Is pregnancy possible at this time? Or should I go get the morning after pill?

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search