Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faithmiranda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Prescribed meds
    HI I have been taking xannax for years and I got pregnant and quit... well I had a really bad experience about 3 days ago and took a half of 1 mg pill.. now I am very concerned about how long this will stay in mine and the baby's system, from all the dcf horror storys I've been hearing. I know I could fight it court with it being perscribed but want to avoid it if possible
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 12:39 AM
    The half-life of Xanax is between 6.3-26.9 hours. This means that half of it will be eliminated in this time. Without doing the math to give you the percentage, I'd say that most of it will be gone in at most 5 * 29.6 hours.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Sorry to hear you need to take a pill for the treatment of ANY situation during pregnancy..

Your needs are superseded by the new life inside you,unless you are in DIRE need of medications(L I F E THREATENING need) NO medications should be used.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION,I COULD BE WRONG,I WAS ONCE,THE DAY I SAID 'I DO'

KBC
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
    How far along are you? Xanax is a category (D) drug in pregnancy, which means it is known to cause birth defects. However, it all depends on what trimester you are in. Half a milligram should not cause harm, again, depending on how far along you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Staying on your prescribed medications,for good or ill. [ 237 Answers ]

How do we,who need to take medications daily,stay compliant,(take them as prescribed) and why do we go off them, knowing the results if we do.

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Can my headache be from my prescribed decongestant [ 1 Answers ]

I have the decongestent DuraphenII prescribed to me and one of the side effects is headaches. Well I have had a headache for three days could it be that medicine and will it quit?:(

Co-worker saying I take drugs, when it was prescribed medication [ 1 Answers ]

I had a co-worker get angry at me recently for going to another co-worker for a second opinion on what we call CAREER LADDER. I am a teacher and she is new this year to the district and school, whereas, I have been at the school for over a year and in the district for almost 2 years. She was...

Confused about meds! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys! I was recently diagnosed with a UTI and the doctor prescribed me with something called sulfameth/trimethoprim in order to fight the infection. When I got home I realized on the bottle it stated, "check with your doctor if you plan to become pregnant while using this medication." Now my...

View more questions Search