Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisalisa123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 09:16 PM
    What to do with a computer running slow
    My computer just started running slow, I've defragged it, scanned it for viruses and spyware, uninstalled any unneeded programs, what else can I try?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Check your fans.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Try these two cleaners and let me know what you think

http://www.atribune.org/public-beta/ATF-Cleaner.exe

www.stevengould.org - Why You Should Use CleanUp!

Please try them -- Rate my answer
    p3nn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2007, 10:44 PM
    You could try cleaning out your registry. Probably a number of useless entries in there slowing things up. Also check the startup programs and disable them for the startup, i.e. if you don't use it often you're prob better of manually starting them
    lisalisa123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I don't understand how to check my fans or clean out registry. I clicked on the atf cleaner link and couldn't figure out what to choose to clean. I couldn't do a back up to use the stephen gould cleaner. I didn't know how.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 02:37 PM
    This may seem obvious, but have you simply shut it down and started it back up? Turn it off completely, unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and restart it.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 08:52 PM
    On ATF cleaner -- Download opens --> Click Save --> Open

Install Program -- Install shortcut on desktop

To run program click on shortcut -- This opens a small box with items to clean

Select Files To Delete -- Select -- Clean All ---> Empty Selected --->

Popup tells you how much is cleaned -- OK -- It cleans up your compouter

Did you try Cleanup?? I'm trying to help you -- sorry I can't do it for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer clock running slow [ 6 Answers ]

:)My computer time idicater reading has just recently started to read two hours slow on the display. I reset it, and it will read OK for a short time then resume to read two hours slow again. How do I correct this? Is it a clock battery wearing out or?

Computer is running slow [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is running slower than usual. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you

Computer running verrryyy SLOW [ 1 Answers ]

I have windows XP & Until a week ago everything was FINE. Then all of a sudden my computer would freeze on me and totally lock up. :mad: I ran a driver update and updated all my drivers that had better updated drivers. It did stop freezing up, but it is slower than EVER and I have high speed...

PC running slow [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. Hopefully someone can give me a clue... I have a Dell Dimension 4550 2.5GHz, 1Mb RAM, 60Gb hard drive running XP SP2 and (amongst other things) McAfee (scan, firewall, spam... ) and AOL for Internet access. Over the past month my PC has started running progresively slower and slower, boot up...

Computer running very slow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive already run all the major Spyware checkers and found nothing using Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy. Also ran the scan within the latest ZoneAlarm and TrendMicro Anti-Virus. Here is my Hijack log. Computer is only 3 months old 3.0 Ghz. ...

View more questions Search