Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ambsizsolo1 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Horrible smell coming from house & bubbles in floor
    I have been having this horrible sewage smell by the washer, coming through the heater vents , by the bathroom and it's starting to seep in every room. I have also noticed bubbles in the kitchen floor. I have had a few health problems in the past few months and the smell has gotten so strong daily I feel like vomiting. What can I do and should I contact the city or a plumber? The smell is almost unbearable and my landlord is a slumlord. Help please.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Sounds like you have a sewr gas leak. Do you have any tubs, sinks or anything with a trap that hasn't been used in a long time? The water in the traps can evaporate over a long time. How about the toilet, can you rock it side to side even a bit, could be a bad wax ring under the toilet. Does your washer drain into a stand pipe by the wall? Back to you and we'll see if we can track down the source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unidentified horrible smell! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a really terrible smell in my house. It has been there for 3-4 weeks. It is really strong in one particular room, our study, and on a bad day, you can smell it as soon as you walk in the door. I can only describe it as a sour smell, at first I was concerned that there may be a dead mouse or...

Horrible smell in house when furnace on [ 2 Answers ]

I hope someone can help! For the last 6 months we get a horrible oder that appears when the heat or air conditioning comes on. It seems to start in the basement and is worse in the front part of the house. It goes away when I turn the air/heat off. We have a drain in the basment that the furnace...

Sour smell coming from the floor in a brand new house [ 4 Answers ]

We have a sour smell that seems to be coming from the floor in one of our rooms. Our house is barely one year old and has a cement slab foundation. I actually noticed it about one month ago and have searched, cleaned and scrubbed, but have been unable to get rid of it. Any idea what could be...

Horrible smell in kitchen [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I live on the third floor of a house. We have a horrible smell in the kitchen. It comes and goes. It seems to be at its worst when it is damp, humid or if it rains. I have no idea where it is coming from. Sometimes it is so bad, you can't even stay in the room. We don't have a...

View more questions Search