Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maejms Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
    X-rays and pregnancy?
    Hi. I am beginning to wonder if I may be pregnant, although the HPT said negative yesterday. On the 26th of Dec I was hospitalized and needed two x-rays of my lungs. I am wondering if anyone knows the effects or possible damages that can be done by having an x-ray if a woman is pregnant as early as 4 weeks. (If I am, I would have conceived on Dec. 1st, 2007) I cannot get into see my doctor until Jan. 7th, 2008.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. :confused:

Happy New Year to all!
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
    x-rays are dangerous to the baby but it would not be a guaranteed miscarriage either. When women get x-rays they typically but those heavy blanket things over you to protect your ovarys because x-rays are dangerous to them too. If you are pregnant the baby should be fine especially that early because if they were not owrried about your avaries being damaged the baby shouldn't be harmed either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy.. . [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I'm 18 and in college. My period is sort of irregular and I hasn't come on any this month. I took 2 pregnancy test and both are negative. Me and my boyfriend were messing around but didn't have sex but we were sort of hunching. Can I be pregnant?

Subpoenaing doctors,nurse,techincian that took x-rays to the police officer [ 4 Answers ]

to whom it may concern:my question is can my attorney subpoena the doctor,nurse,technician who took x-rays on the police officer that accused me of assaulting him with a 3 1/2 inch knife to give a description on what really injurys the officer claimed to have sustained by me jose.according to my...

Pregnancy, could it be? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex just about 4 months ago. We used a condom. I've had all my periods at regular times since then, although they are a bit harsher now. I wasn't scared at all until I learned that women can have their periods while being pregnant. This scared me, so, about one month ago, I...

What happen to the rays [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the concave lense. And What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the convex lense. ... I think through the convex it will go in straight line and will meet with other rays on the...

Pregnancy? Or something else? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering cause I went to the bathroom the other day and when I whipe I have a habbit of always looking well I had blood I have already had my period this month on the 1 but I know its close now but the next day I went to the bathroom I didn't have nothing

View more questions Search