Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 06:16 AM
    Neutralising cholesterol
    Lets say one loves to eat eggs. But it is high in cholesterol. What are some ways to neutralise or lower it after consumption?

Again, this is a question about after consumption. Not how to avoid it; therefore, "don't eat eggs!" is not an answer.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2005, 10:23 AM
    You're not going to find a product that works exactly like that... but some studies have shown that garlic (1/2 to 1 clove per day) can reduce cholesterol.

Other things discussed that claim to be "Cholesterol Neutralizers" can be found here.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2005, 10:23 AM
    Cholesterol
    Hi,
    OK, I won't tell you not to eat eggs. I love them, too.
    One egg yolk contains about 215 mg of cholesterol, and the average maximum for the normal person is around 250-300 mg per day (24 hours).
    There are many products on the market, advertised to help lower cholesterol, such as Cheerios, Oatmeal, and others.
    But, once eaten, there is no way to "balance off" , or lower, the cholesterol that is already in the body for that day. It takes time for the body to "use it up", or clear it out somewhat.
    I take Lipator (spelling?) medication for controlling my own cholesterol levels; been on medication for years now.
    Just eating cholesterol lower foods doesn't work for me; as being on a diet; takes medications now.
    If you have a chance, talk with a Doctor about it, and get a Professional opinion, and if you are interested and haven't done so yet, have a blood sample taken for testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protandim & Cholesterol [ 15 Answers ]

I started taking Protandim about 3 months ago. Their web site is http://www.protandim.com/ Every 6 months, I have a lipid profile done because I am taking 10 MG of Lipitor daily. For the past 5 years, my cholesterol has been below 180, my triglycerides have been below 100, my LDL has been below 110...

View more questions Search