Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoboman10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
    What breakers would I need
    In my rv cabin I will have a small 4.6cubit foot refrigerator, a 5.0 small freezer, a small 2.5 gallon hot water heater, a small 5000btu a/c and 2 shop lights, I will have a 50amp hook-up, which breakers would I need to handle these things with a 50amp hook-up?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
    If wiring is existing, you will need to verify it can handle the loads, #12 is preferable over #14, as it can handle 20 amps instead of 15 amps. I would have water heater, freezer, and frige on separate breakers, the shop lights and a couple of recepticles on another breaker(all single pole). Is the AC 120 or 240 volts? If 240, you will need doublepole breaker for that. Plug will determine breaker.
    If you have a space left over in panel, separate recepticles from lights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breakers [ 6 Answers ]

If I have a main disconnect at the pole what kind of breaker box should I put in my quanset To replace the old fuse box,a main lug or main breaker. This is also part my shop. Thanks for any answers, can omeone please help??

Upgrade breakers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two 20a amp breakers I replaced recently due to tripping off. They continue to do the same with the new 20a breakers. Is it time to upgrade to a 30 amp or is there something wrong with the wiring or the pool pump which is what these breakers operate?

Breakers difference [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a 30 amp breaker instead of a 20 amp breaker? The breaker keeps tripping when I use the sweeper and the portable electric heater off the same outlet.

Fuses v breakers [ 3 Answers ]

thought I'd look on the web for this and I found this site. Here goes... my building was built in 1939 and has old cloth wire in it. My neighbors have all had their fuse boxes upgraded to circuit breakers, and since I recently fried a wire inside a conduit while hanging a fixture, I thought...

View more questions Search