Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 09:21 AM
    I've watched this site periodically when I wasn't certain who was favored and it has consistently been accurate with regard to the favorite, but was just as frequently inaccurate with the over/under.

NFL - Live Odds - Spreads & Totals - Yahoo! Sports

However, I don't agree this week where it favors the Bucks over the Gnats at home.
    I pick the Gnats over the Bucks by the same margin.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 4, 2008, 09:23 AM
    HEY Life, I'm a Packer fan:)

To answer the original question as to why we may not want to play the Patriots, I think most don't want their team to get blown out. I mean I love the PAck, but we'd be huge underdogs and I doubt anyone in the NFC can beat the Patriots. Much rather have the PAck do very well and not end the season losing to a team that can put up points like that, it could be potentially embarrassing.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Giants are a good road team. But Garcia has given them problems in the past because of his ability to scramble away from the defensive pressure . He beat the Giants last year in the playoffs for the Eagles and I think he did with the Niners also . That is probably why the Bucs are favored .
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 4, 2008, 09:32 AM
    BMI...
    I knew you couldn't be as bad as I thought you were. A fellow Packer fan, I just got chills...

I however, disagree with you. Are you surprised yet? Remember 2004 Red Sox 3 games under the big bad Yankees? They came back to win the next three to tie up the series. The rest is history. I know it's baseball but throughout history in every type of sport, there has been that once-in-a-lifetime moment. Whether it's hockey, baseball, basketball and even football teams have come out and took on Goliath and won.

I want that opportunity. I want our team to have that moment. Not just for us, the fans but for football fans all across this country. I want that moment for the small, blue collar town of Green Bay, Wisconsin. I want that moment for that team and their leader.

Why not us? Why not now?

I know in my heart we can do it because it's our time and our turn to take on Goliath and I can't wait!
    Q1212 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2008, 09:34 AM
    I'm a colts fan so I can't see them play the pats in the superbowl but I still hope they kill the pats. Not likely but that would be cool.
    -

Jan 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
    See BMI, it's bigger than us. It's about the impossible doing the possible. This small town underdog team, in the freezing tundra gives hope to everybody that needs to believe in something bigger than themselves.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 4, 2008, 09:59 AM
    You thought I was that bad?:)

I would LOVE the Packers to win, honestly. This team of ours has already KILLED expectation, to beat the Pats would go down as one of the biggest victories in Green Bay history as well as the NFL. But this Pats team is a monster,our defence would never be able to withstand 4 quarters withthat offence, I hope, but I doubt.

Also, the Red Sox were a VERY good team, better than the 2007 edition of the Packers, even though we have produced a very improbable,fine season.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 10:47 AM
    I don't know, BMI: you said: "this Pats team is a monster...." I watched the game with the Giants and they seem to have no running game. As for the Packers, do they have any defense, or is the Pack's best defense named Favre?
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
    George, are you doubting that tha Pats are a monster team, did you seem them go 22 unanswered points and if they had Dillon back then they would have a good running game, but Maroney can run the ball when needed just give him a couple years, this is is second year in the NFL.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Tomder I do agree with what you said, they did give up on big plays but they also went out and got after it even though they had nothing to play for and there for a while we were down by a lot, I was surprised that we beat the colts, if there is any team that can beat us it will be the colts or the cowboys
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
    I'm so glad the Redskins lost but again the Packers can beat anybody just bring it on
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    I'm so glad the Redskins lost but again the Packers can beat anybody just bring it on
    Aw, dang! The suspense! You're going to have to wait! Hehe Dontcha just hate that??
    Next up: the Jags take down the Steele curtain... again!
    I do like the way the Hawks finished their game! Resounding use of momentum!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 06:12 PM
    If my team were still in the running I guess I'd feel that way. Nevertheless I'd like to see the Patriots continue on to the Super Bowl and win it, thereby duplicating the 1972 Dolphins.
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
    The wait does stink...

And it makes for a long weekend...
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Yes, it makes for a long weekend. But everybody gets to watch their potential opponents and pick up weaknesses!
    BTW: I think the Pats have already surpassed the '72 Fins. Anything more is icing on the proverbial cake!
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Oh here we go again... with the Pats... Blah... Blah... Blah...

Have we forgotten already how they cheated for years and half way through this season? How quickly you forget? Instead they are awarded with These MVP and Coach of Year BS. We are sending the wrong message my friends...
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Every team cheats! Or do you want to call it "pushing the envelope"?
    Does anyone remember the day's of running Polaroids from the high seats back to the field to see how the opposition lines up for any particular play? The only difference is the level of technology available at the time. Even today, the teams cover their mouth to prevent lip-reading by the other side. And we haven't even addressed what goes on when a player trades during the regular season.

Talk to the hand...
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 06:38 PM
    My dear friend...
    Talk to the hand is so 10 years ago. C'mon..
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Withdrawn...
    I don't want to be accused of being melodramatic.
    It just bores me when, if it isn't a banner year, someone cheated. We all know better.
    I've changed my own diaper, on many occasion, and moved on.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    Oh here we go again....with the Pats...Blah ..... Blah ..... Blah ....

Have we forgotten already how they cheated for years and half way through this season? How quickly you forget? Instead they are awarded with These MVP and Coach of Year BS. We are sending the wrong message my friends....
    No team "cheats" its way to a 16-0 season. Perhaps a few controversial calls were made in their favor (a la their Monday Night game against Baltimore) but that's the way the cookie crumbles, as they say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can be a professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shnaice. I am 14 years old going to the 9th grade. I want to become a pro in singing because this always been my dream I just don't know where to start. I like the idea of American Idol but I don't want to compete I want to make it another way. I'm trying to think of a good...

Professional answer [ 1 Answers ]

A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

Another new Joke for Football Fans - from Chery [ 2 Answers ]

This is for all you football fans... An old married couple no sooner hit the pillows when the old Man passes Gas And says, "Seven Points." His wife rolls over and says, "What in the world was that?" The old man replied, "It's fart football."

Professional football equipment [ 2 Answers ]

Sirs, I have received the following request from a friend in Australia. Can you tell me where professional football teams buy equipment such as that described below or a web site that might give them the specifications they need? ... There has been a Petition done by all our neighbours who...

View more questions Search