Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    webbdog Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Moen shower Facuet
    My shower faucet is dripping and I suspect a bad cartridge or washer. The faucet is a Moen/Chateau/2352/chrome. Any idea on how to take the handle off to get to the cartridge? I don't see a screw or anything for that matter that will help me get the handle off. Thanks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Does it have a chrome handle or a plastic handle?

Jan 1, 2008, 07:49 PM
    It's plastic, doug.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 11:12 PM
    The center of the handle is easily pried up to reveal a phillips screw. [cover the drain so you don't lose anything]. Remove the handle and make sure the water is off and the pressure bled down to nothing. Remove the horseshoe clip with a small pick, being careful to not drop it in the wall. Hopefully you have already purchased a new genuine plastic 1225b moen cartridge. Take the little white piece and insert it over the cartridge and turn it ONLY from 12 o clock to 1 o clock and then back to 11 o clock. Do not turn it further. Then simply grab the stem by the brass part and pull firmly out, no jerking. If is needed exercise it more from 1 to 11. Replace in opposite order. [read instructions on paper with new cartridge for install]

Jan 2, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Thanks much, we'll give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ID Moen shower cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

Please, if someone can tell model # of this cartridge? It says Moen on the cover plate and it is 11 years old. I need to know the model # to buy replacement and proper tool for pulling it out. http://members.cox.net/obryskin/P1010663.jpg

Moen Tub/Shower Issues [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house with more bathrooms than I can use. The warranty from the builder is up and I have found a problem with one of the bathtubs. It has a Moen fixture (believe it is a positemp with 1222 cartridge) The problem was I could only get cold water from it and when I turned the handle...

Leaky shower facuet [ 5 Answers ]

My shower had a very huge leak problem. After doing some research I found that replacing the washer or the stem would be the best solution. I took out my cold stem and saw that it was completely corroded so I replaced it. I took the stem to the hardware store and a employee help me find the...

Moen shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water coming out of my shower valve but the sink next to it is red hot. Can you please help my wife is going to kill me She needs hot water Thanks armand

Soldering a Moen shower valve [ 4 Answers ]

I'm new to this forum and have a question concerning the best way to solder a Moen model 62320 shower valve. Do I need to remove the cartridge? I was afraid it would get too hot and melt the o-rings. How do you know how long to heat the joint before you apply solder. It seems some of my joints are...

View more questions Search