Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kizzza Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2007, 05:50 AM
    What is (Remove only)? [Add or Remove Programs]
    When I access Add or Remove Programs, I often see '(Remove only)' by the side of some programs, but I don't actually know what it means. If any of you can help me then feel free.

Thanks.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzza
    When I access Add or Remove Programs, I often see '(Remove only)' by the side of some programs, but I don't actually know what it means. If any of you can help me then feel free.

Thanks.
    That means the only option you have for that program is to leave it or to Remove it.
    The program cannot be changed, only removed.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 06:53 AM
    It means that these programs can only be deleted, they are most likely games. But be warned I'm no expert. Look and see if they are games.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numerous Java in add remove programs [ 7 Answers ]

I have Java 2 runtime environment SE V1.4.2_03, Java2 runtime environment 6 update1, J2SE runtime environment 5.0 update 10 and JRSE runtime environment 5.0 update 11 in my add remove programs. I was told by someone on another site that I should uninstall all of these and then get the latest...

Batch files, add/remove programs check possible? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I am wondering if it is possible to have a batch file check the applications that are installed by checking add/remove programs? Or Maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this check with a batch file? Thanks for all of your time.

How can I remove this ? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me... When I turn on my computer,the following error is appear: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. Please re-install a copy of the above file. This problem was happen when I setup Kaspersky Antivirus on my...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search