Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddicaprio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Maytag Performa fridge not cooling
    My Maytag perform fridge is not cooling nor freezing... the fans work when I plug it... is there a reset button on the compressor?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 07:42 AM
    There is no reset button on compressor. If it will not start, you may need to put a 3 in 1 hard start kit on it. When unit is running put your had on compressor and see if it is warm. This will verify if it is running, If it is running and not cooling unit, it may be low on refrigerant due to a leak or if the condensing coils and fan are dirty, it will not cool either. Also look at the evaporator coils and see if you have excessive frost or ice build up on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Performa Top Mount Refrigerator not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

My 2001 Maytag Performa fridge has decided to give up it's job of cooling. The symptoms are: The freezer is not freezing. It seems to be stuck at about +6 deg C. Also the main fridge compartment is up to about +10 deg C. I don't know if these are stable temperatures or just the temperatures that...

Maytag Performa noise [ 1 Answers ]

My one year old Maytag Performa washing machine makes the loudest racket during spin cycle. How can it be fixed?

Maytag performa refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a maytag performa model PSD264LGRW and the water line is leaking. Is there a way to turn off the water flow to the refrigerator without shutting off the main water valve? Thanks.

Maytag fridge not cooling III [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Model # MTB1956GE* the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge has stopped cooling. The unit was also making loud noises like a "popping" or banging noise. It almost sounded like someone inside the fridge hitting the side of the fridge. I think I heard the compressor kick...

Maytag fridge not cooling II [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I'm a newbie - earlier this year there was a thread describing a problem and solutions almost identical to mine. I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator Model # MTB1956GE*. Like "Maytag fridge not cooling", my evap fan (the one that cools the coils on bottom/rear of fridge) won't always kick on...

View more questions Search