Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
    If I was to get preganat could my boyfriend go to jail?
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for ten months now. Im 15 years old and he is 17 years old and we live in Georgia . Our parents know we are together and having sex and haven't done anything about this and allow it to happen. But if I was to get pregnant could they send my boyfriend to jail EVEN THOUGH they allowed it to happen?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Yes, legally they can not allow it, if a teacher or your doctor or some other professional finds out and turns you in, he can still be arrested,
    There is no defense to rape of a minor that can not give consent ( in general)
    And as one who has worked the system, he does not want to be in the system as one who did this, it is not a pretty place in prison on that charge
    nigntracie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 12:20 AM
    I don't know exactly what georgia's laws are but in Colorado no he can not go to jail for 1 you guys are within legal age of each other and 2 your parents gave consent to it but these are Colorado laws don't know if it's the same in Georgia.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nigntracie
    I dont know exactly what georgia's laws are but in colorado no he can not go to jail for 1 you guys are within legal age of each other and 2 your parents gave consent to it but these are colorado laws dunno if its the same in georgia.

The age of consent in Georgia is 16; also - parents cannot waive the age of consent. Underage sex, underage drinking - no one can change the legal age, including parents.

I very much doubt you are correct that "2 - your parents gave consent to it" makes it all right.

My other suggestion would be if you are determined to have sex at an early age, protect yourself against pregnancy/disease.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katie22
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for ten months now. Im 15 years old and he is 17 years old and we live in Georgia . Our parents know we are together and having sex and havent done anything about this and allow it to happen. But if i was to get pregnant could they send my boyfriend to jail EVEN THOUGH they allowed it to happen?
    If he were to jail it wouldn't be for "getting you pregnant" - it would be for having underage sex.
    marquezz Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 01:07 PM

Get your parents to get you birth control. Seriously, don't be stupid. I get mine for only 10 dollars--- and I live in GA. And yea, he can go to jail.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marquezz View Post
    Get your parents to get you birth control. seriously, don't be stupid. I get mine for only 10 dollars--- and I live in GA. And yea, he can go to jail.

This is several years old and long dead - please keep an eye on the dates when you post.

Birth control isn't the problem. Under age sex is the problem. This is on a legal board so please keep your comments directed to the legal issues.
    marquezz Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 02:42 PM

If it's several years old, then she won't see it and it's okay. What I can't figure is why you would even say anything to me about it. If you have advice--give it. I was just giving my opinion, please don't put me down just because it's not in the proper category.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marquezz View Post
    if it's several years old, then she won't see it and it's okay. what I can't figure is why you would even say anything to me about it. If you have advice--give it. I was just giving my opinion, please don't put me down just because it's not in the proper category.

What? You are on the law boards. Post the law.

You might want to read the AMHD rules. I am simply stating policy. Please don't respond to old threads and please stick to legal advice.

This is not an "opinion" board - this is a "fact" board (unlike some of the other boards).

Please follow the rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I go to jail [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know I have credit card debts by I am no able to pay I am disabled and I live of ssi benefits can I got to jail because I can't pay I got summons to the court what is going to happen to me

Trying to get preganat what should I do [ 1 Answers ]

When I was a bit younger I took a pill that people call the over night pill it is so that when you hve sex with out protection you will not get preganat I pnly took it onc but now I am not sure if it may have donr something to my body and now I can not get preganat can this happen?? :confused:

Can I go to jail for this. [ 14 Answers ]

I am 18, I go with a 15 year old mexican. We have a baby on the way and people say that I can go to jail for dating him. But we stated dating when I was 17, so is this true?

I think that I am preganat but all tests are negative [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I had unprotected sex on march 22nd, still had my period march 31rst, did a blood test April 2nd, came out negative, period lasted 3 days , usually I get it for 6 days. Ihave done like some many HPTs and they are all negative. Can I still be pregnant, I been getting nausea and vomitting. Could...

Jail [ 2 Answers ]

I Was arested about a year and a half ago. The police came to my house I came out and they ended up taking me to jail. The news paper said That they found me sleeping on the bed next to a hand gun. Iam a ex-con, how ever the police report says that I came out peacefully witch it the truth. Can I do...

View more questions Search