Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msslh226 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Landlord's Foreclosure/tennant's rights
    Cook County Sherriff came yesterday to my apartment building to notify us that this property is in danger of foreclosure. As a tenant in the situation, what are my rights? Do I have to continue to pay rent, while this is happening? What am I supposed to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 06:28 PM
    If you live there, legally you are suppose to be paying rent.
    But you need to be looking for someplace to stay, there is little notice nromally after foreclosure to move
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Dec 29, 2007, 06:47 PM
    NOTIFY how? Was there an actual NOTICE in writing or just a deputy telling people something was going to happen?

Talk to your landlord and relate what happened and ask what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure inspection what are your rights [ 1 Answers ]

I read in one of answers about foreclosure, that one of the things the mortgage company does as a process of foreclosure is inspect the house. If this is done when is it done before or after the " owner" moves out? What is the procedure and what type of notice is the "owner" Given, if done before...

Tenants rights during foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello there, I'm in the city of Hayward California. I would like to know what rights I have now that I have found out that the place in which I am renting is up for foreclosure. Come to find out also the place is also an illegal dwelling. The landlord new all of this before renting the...

Tenants Rights Upon Foreclosure in VA [ 1 Answers ]

What notice is a tenant entitled to upon a mortgage foreclosure (mortgage established before the lease)? How long normally does a tenant have to vacate? I am in the state of Virginia. Doug

Landlord's rights [ 3 Answers ]

What are the rights of a landlord when a tenent installs an air conditioner ( without the landlord's knowledge) which was plumbed through a wall and into the house. When he left he took it and covered the vents with a board.

Tenants rights in foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I am renting a home in Va and the owner did not tell me that he was going into foreclosure I had been contacted by someone asking me to move in 21 days . How long of time do I have before I actually have to move. Also my lease runs out in January. Do I have any rights at all? Thanks for your help

View more questions Search