Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Mar 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Thank you both for your answers. I guess its hard for me to understand the rules of a church. The church that I attend doesn't have rules (honestly). I know you may not believe that, but the only rules we follow are God's rules (the Bible), so it is hard for me to imagine making rules for Jesus' church when He already made all the rules for us.

The question: When am I cleansed enough to take communion?
    The church that I worship at does not restrict anyone from taking communion. But the teaching of Christ is that those who belong to His church and should be taking communion, are those who God added to His church.

Acts 2: 38-47
    When the people asked Peter what they should do he said, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit....With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
    ...And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

1 Corinthians 11 tells us that "whoever eats or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself."

We need to recognize the price that Christ paid for us and honor this sacrifice when taking the Lord's supper. If we haven't done what He instructed us to do, being baptized into Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, then we will be guilty of sinning against the body and the blood of the Lord.

I believe you are cleansed enough to take communion when you have heard God's word, accepted Jesus Christ as the Son of God, repented of your sins, and was baptized (immersed in water) for the forgiveness of sins.
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Mar 16, 2008, 02:15 PM
    ineedhelpfast disagrees: if your not a christian then why are you posting something you dont know much about it

Don't just assume that because I'm not Christian I don't know much about it. That's a really ignorant assumption to make.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by margog85
    ineedhelpfast disagrees: if your not a christian then why are you posting something you dont know much about it

Don't just assume that because I'm not Christian I don't know much about it. That's a really ignorant assumption to make.

Actually no, if you don't drive a car, merely reading all the books about driving, does not make you a driving expert, driving the car would. So how can a non christian give a real proper answer for a question that is to be answered from a Christian view point. All that a non christian can do is give either what they have heard, or at worst give a anti christan opinion which is not what a poster was asking for. If they wanted a non christian view point they would not have came to a CHRISTIAN thread.

And I would also wonder what the motives are for non chrisian to come and give people answers that are to be answered from a christian view point ?
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Mar 16, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Wow.

I almost forgot how closed-minded some christians can be.

Thanks for the reminder.

All that a non christian can do is give either what they have heard, or at worst give a anti christan opinion which is not what a poster was asking for.
    I used to be Catholic. If you went back and read what I wrote, you would see that. I'm not just talking out of my a$$, I've actually put thought into the question AS A CHRISTIAN and also as a non-Christian. What's wrong with giving my take on a question that I've put thought into?

And I would also wonder what the motives are for non chrisian to come and give people answers that are to be answered from a christian view point ?
    Ah, my motives. Yes, I am out to destroy Christians and Christianity by giving my opinion to a question on an OPEN FORUM.

If this forum is restricted only to CHRISTIANS and the christians here want no input from those of different beliefs, it should be made clear. Otherwise, I would think that this is a forum meant for the discussion of Christianity not ONLY by Christians... but by anyone who has an interest or point of view they'd like to share.
    marvin_082500 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pah4850
    I am a Christian and don't know which Church I should go to. I want to take communion but don't know if I am cleansed enough for the Lord.
    The true is Church of God (Icorintian 1:9,2). You must be babtized to be cleansed. Visit Members of the Church of God International www.esorianowordpress.com
    TitaniumG Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
    After being baptized as an act to show your eligence to God before men you are now eligible to take part in this sacred and symbolic ceremony and there is one church you should check out it is the Seventh Day Adventists.this church is perfect for anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search