Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelle990 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 07:20 PM
    I need Help!
    I have lost a dear friend of mine and no matter how much I try to convince her to be friends against she just tells me I've hurted her and broked her heart and when I keep asking myself what I have done to her... I can't seem figure it out please help me and give me advice to have her back!:(
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 28, 2005, 07:44 PM
    Did you get into a fight? You say you can't figure out what you have done to her. Do you mean this as in you really don't know what she's talking about or is it you don't know as in "how could i have done this to my friend?" please tell us some more about it. I feel like there are things you left out.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 29, 2005, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle990
    I have lost a dear friend of mine and no matter how much i try to convince her to be friends agains she just tells me I've hurted her and broked her heart and when i keep asking my self what i have done to her...i can't seem figure it out please help me and give me advice to have her back!:(
    Michelle, I'm not sure why your friend is mad at you. If she really is your friend she will want to work things out. Tell your friend that you miss the friendship you had with her and that your sorry for hurting her. Then step back a little and give her some space. If she doesn't want to work things out, you need to move on and make new friends. There will come a time when she will need to turn to you, and I'm sure you will be there for her, but for now give her some space to think things over.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2005, 06:04 AM
    Friend lost
    Hi, michelle,
    It hurts to lose a friend, and I'm sorry to hear this.
    There are people who get upset over something, saying what you mentioned, but not being specific about why. Sometimes, just the smallest thing can "set off" some people. One of my wife's best friends, for the last 30 yrs, all of a sudden, just stopped talking with her. Couldn't really find out why. Then, all of a sudden, 4 months later, was best of friends again. Never did know why.
    People have their feelings hurt over many different things, and you might never know why this happened.
    As another said, please give it some time; and just be there for her, if she needs you, or wants to be friends again.
    Show her respect, caring, and honesty. Hopefully, she will soon tell you what happened.
    Happy New Year.

Dec 29, 2005, 03:08 PM
    Thanks!
    Well I just wanted to qoute on what you said like to tell my friend I have missed our friendship so before I emailed her and told her but she doesn't seem to understand me.. she said I hope you find a new friend and have one with because you met me for 7 months and you think that I always mention bad possibilities.So I have done my best but she's just not that type..
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2005, 03:21 PM
    First of all you can not convince somebody to be your friend or convince somebody to become friends again. What do you think happened? Did you ask her what she thinks you did? Were you honest with her and let her know that you do not know why she does not want to be friends with you anymore. Remember though, you can not force friendship and some come and go. Your true friends will stick by you through thick and thin, will always be able to forigive and support each other. There are some friends that are not true friends and they leave your side a soon as something rough happens, they are not true friends. Good luck with you and try not forcing anything, if you explain, get out everything in the open, try to open up and tell this person that you would like her friendship back and she does not want to I would say try to leave it alone and let it be. At least you can say you tried. If she does not want to try then it will never work. Both people or all friends needs to be able to lean on each other , etc...

Joe

Dec 29, 2005, 03:28 PM
    I'm not really forcing her to be my friend its just that we have made a promise that we will stick by our sides always and we meant it.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 29, 2005, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle990
    I'm not really forcing her to be my friend its just that we have made a promise that we will stick by our sides always and we meant it.
    If you can't think of any reason under the sun to make her feel the way she does, it could be that she was told something by someone else that was jealous of your friendship. If this is the case, she'll either figure it out sooner or later, or you just might have to forget about that promise. We cannot force people to continue to have feelings for us, and you did your best by emailing her. So the only thing you can do now is wait, make new friends, and if she does not come back to you, you must accept it and forget it.
    Sorry for your loss, but hope you still have a Happy New Year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search