Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alimak21 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
    What Do You Think?
    I am 26, female. I have been in constant relationships since I was 17. I've haven't been single between boyfriends any less than a month, often less than 2 weeks.

This last guy I was with for 2 years. I was IN LOVE with him, but he never showed me this in return. He pushed me away and played with my heart for the entire relationship. I broke up with him on the 16th.

I recently met a new man shortly after. He's GREAT, and I really think there might be a future with this guy. I just need to see where it will lead.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:31 PM
    OP, I am completely the opposite of you,LOL.
    Could you please tell us more about this man you are seeing now? Why would you think he is GREAT?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
    You broke up with your ex 2 weeks ago and now you have found a new guy you think is great. I think you need to wake up and smell reality. Perhaps if you look at why since 17 have you not been single for more than 2 weeks. Do that and you'll find out why this new guy is really great.

Its clear to me that you do not like being alone after a relationship, which makes you vulnurable and perhaps sad... enter your next boyfriend.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
    You need to be alone for at least 8-12 months to mature emotionally if possible.

You have never taken time to just be... you.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
    What do I think? I think until you spend some time (at least several months) alone and learn who you are without a man in your life, the men in your life will continue to be pretty much the same--reflections of your own insecurities.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
    I agree with ordinaryguy some of my best years were getting to know myself instead of being stuck in a relationship TRYING to make it work. But since you are with this guy see where it goes... who knows he MIGHT be the right one. My advice don't stay in a bad relationship... time is too valuable to give to someone that doesn't appreciate you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 02:20 PM
    He may as well marry you, since you can't say no to him. Young lady, if you have learned nothing learn this, You have never been single more than a month. That tells me that through your confusion and feelings, you are not one to be alone. This also tells me that you are not in love at all, but dependent on a man to be happy and secure. Not exactly my idea of marriage material, but the killer is after playing make up to break up, a few times all of a sudden its time to get married? That you were shocked indicates, you never conceived of it and now you are because he has told his mama. Again, the idea of being with someone is overiding your good sense at this time. Say no, not now, and take time to get to know and love, the single, alone YOU! Before you get locked into something, you give no indication of feeling.

COPY AND PASTE OF ORIGINAL ANSWER TO POSTERS OTHER THREAD
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I am sorry to here you have never been single. Not nessarily means anything but in all honesty to me and others here it seems you need to learn about being independent, single and happy.

If you can't love yourself first then how can you be expected to love someone else.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:03 AM
    I don't think you can be alone. And that's a bad thing. I mean I'm happy for you =) but it seems you always need someone in your life to make you feel happy.

well your young.. but I hope you find what you are looking for

regards
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Take your time and go slow. To me, it's something of a red flag that you've never been on your own for any length of time since you were 17. That can signal unhealthy neediness. If you don't know and love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to? Now I'm not saying to forget about this guy just because you should be on your own for a while but I'd urge you to take a good, hard look at your motivation before jumping into anything headfirst.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search