Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eisen1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Right clicking My Computer shows garbage for OPEN
    Please advise. When I open My Computer, and right click on C drive, where OPEN should be at the top is foreign gibberish. It doesn't work. Nor does attempting to open the C drive by clicking on it: it asks what application I want to use to do this. I scanned with Norton Internet Security deep scan, very latest definitions and came up clean. Pleae advise.
    eisen1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 02:02 PM
    I solved this problem myself just now by Googling "Ioeauou", the gibberish I see instead of OPEN I mentioned in the help request. Google returned one hit and took to me to "bullguard.com." A lady or gentleman named "Touch - Forum Moderator" at Trojan agent AGEG ? - Free Antivirus Forum had the solution to my problem. I followed his/her lengthy instructions, and came up fixed and clean. I'm indebted to "Touch - Forum Moderator."

Good day.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Dec 30, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Congrats eisen1977 for finding the solution for your problem yourself! Thanks for sharing the link

Cheers
    fattani76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 07:48 AM
    It is very simple to correct this problem
    Just go in DOS mode by typing cmd in Run
    Type cd\ at c: prompt and press (enter)
    Then type
    Attrib -s -h -r autorun.inf (enter)
    Then type
    Del autorun.inf (enter)
    Do this procedure with all your drive letters. Then restart your computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer boots up, but monitor shows nothing. [ 1 Answers ]

OK... I'm trying to delete this post, but I'm not sure quite how... we put a different monitor on the computer, and it worked...

Clicking noise in computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HP a712n that's about 2 yrs old (windows XP) and has not been used all that much. It has recently done this thing where it makes a clicking noise inside the computer and will freeze up. After the first time it did this, I got a brand new Microsoft One Care subscription, did the virus...

Honda Engine Light on Computer shows Emissions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody-my 2000 Honda Civic engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone and emissions showed up. The Auto Zone guy said I probably have a leak in one of the hoses. He even noticed my car is really shaky. Is this something I can take care of myself? How do I go about doing that? By all means I...

ALWAYS open new window max in ie7 after clicking link [ 3 Answers ]

I don't mean F11 - fullscreen, I just want it to open as large as it can. I have tried to open a window, resize it to large then close it and reopen. Setting muse not be saved or something. Tried Tweak UI but could not find an answer. Dave

Computer clicking [ 4 Answers ]

How come my computer click when I click my mouse:

View more questions Search