Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by denice
    well he is stable right now. he is happy stoned and plays on the computor alot. i have learned to fix it alot. he is very unaware of what is going on. no time concept but he has quite falling for right now. we have moved in with my brother and his wife. we were all going to take a trip to fl. but jerry can no longer ride. he gets so seasick. so the kids are going to try to come up. my son has two altistic children. pretty bad. so we shall see. but at least i can go to the store now and walk around outside. thank you all for being there it really does help. i read everything. and my sister is safe too which helps me. please all keep in touch if you can. it is all so nice thank you denice
    Denice, thanks for the update. Sounds like things have settled a bit, at least you are coping with all that is going on it sounds like (although I know it is difficult) and family is involved, that is good. Has the doctor tried the patches for seasickness (Motion Sickness)? He probably has. I just thought of it because a man I know was not able to talk, unaware he was drooling. He has Parkinsons and Dementia. The doctor said, let's try this patch... walla... started talking, stopped drooling. Just an amazing difference and not something one would think would make a difference. I hope your husband's doctor is very proactive in searching for ways to help you and him to make the very best of this time. Keep us posted. It is always good to get an update. Thanks much! :)
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 19, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Denice,
    Thanks for the update. I hope it gets better for you, we are all here to talk to, wish I could say that it would get easier, but I am afraid it will get worse before it gets better.

Just try to hang in there and keep your sanity.

Shirley
    Karmic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
    It is great that you are listening attentively to him. You should assure him that everything is going to be fine and he should not worry about leaving you behind. Talk about the wonderful times you two had spent together in the past. Death is inevitable but the survivor should do his/her best to make the last moments as comfortable as possible.
    You should tell your sons and other relatives. It is important that they engage in this process. Your husband will feel a lot better hearing from his children and other relatives. I pray for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Re dying [ 2 Answers ]

I am watching my mother-in-law die from emphyazema, copd, broncitis, on thanksgiving day for 5 1/2 hours she was out of it, all most comatose she states that she was visiting the man up-stairs. Her oxygen tank is on 4 1/2 now and she refuses to sleep in the hospital bed, she still wants to smoke....

Dying husband and his family doesn't seem to care unless its convenient! [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some opinions from people other than family members regarding this situation: My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 years ago and was not given long to live. At that time, his family called, sent cards but nothing more than...

I think I'm dying... [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... My boyfriend and I broke up and I was hoping someone could give me an idea or two for an amazing romantic gesture... that doesn't cost anything... and that would REALLY fix and help things... I don't want to lose him because he is truly the only guy that really cares... we've been...

I think I'm dying [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having weird nightmares about my recent grandmother and I feel I am going to get an icredibley life threatening disease and I'm going to die very shortly... I'm really scared :( please help me! If I do die what will be instore for me on the other side... is there really a tunnel to...

My 5 hp briggs keeps dying on me [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs 5 hp minbike which is an 1986 I believe. Anyway it usually starts on the 3 rd pull and the other day it took me ten pulls to get it going. I got it to fire then it would bog down and die. It only ran at a high speed half choke and it would take awhile to get it going. I looked at...

View more questions Search