Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sue07932 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Booming Gas Furnace
    Hi! I am in my third winter in a trailer with an electric ignition natural gas furnace that has boomed every winter. This furnace does not include air conditioning. I had people come to fix it many times the first and second winter, with little accomplished. I have lived in regular houses that had gas furnaces that never boomed. I am at my wit's end over this and don't want to spend more money not having the problem resolved. Also, I don't like the fact that it has an electric ignition. If the power goes out, so will my heat. The gas furnaces in my other homes had pilot lights, not electric starters. Could the electric style of ignition have something to do with the booming problem? Are there any natural gas models of trailer furnaces that don't boom--preferrably not electric ignition?

[email protected]
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
    If your gas is constantly running even a little then when the ignition turns on it lights the escaped gas as well as the turn on gas. Check home depot and Lowe's they probably do. I looked at home depot they have some wall mounts for 500.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
    (( I don't like the fact that it has an electric ignition. If the power goes out, so will my heat))

O hate to tell you this but all listed mobile home furnaces use electric for the control circuit and the blower. If the electric power goes out no furnace will operate.

It sounds like you have delayed ignition and a good quality service person can fix that. The other people you called probably did not know what they were doing.

In a mobile home it also could be a duct boom or noise. The duct work is very thin aluminum and it can be noisy especially when the blower turns on or off.

If it is the gas booming it is unsafe to use. Get it fixed.If it is the duct get it fixed or live with the noise.

BTW all furnaces will BOOM if not properly adjusted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a furnace thermostat to manually operate the furnace fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have two wires connected to my furnace thermostat. There is a place labeled G on the thermostat. Can I simply run a wire from the G terminal on my thermostat to the terminal labeled G on my furnace fan relay to operate the fan separately?

York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is...

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Gas furnace pilot trouble. Goes out while furnace is running! [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago I put in a new thermocoupler in my furnce and it's been working fine. This morning I woke up to no heat. I can re-light the pilot with no problems. The piot light keeps on burning if I don't turn the thermostat up to turn on the furnace. Then when I set the thermostat to 70...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search