Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    free2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Rebuilding my credit
    In a couple months I will have all my ccards paid of and all vehicles in my name paid off, the only thing on my credit report will be my school loans that I am still paying on. I was actually in a debt repayment program with most of my credit cards but have paid them all back for an amount less than their actual balance. My question is, now that all this will be paid how long will it take for my credit to boost back up into good standings?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Negative items remain on a credit report for seven years, bankrutpcies and judgements can for 10.
    Each year the negative item will mean less.

But you are out of debt, why worry about getting it back better, learn to pay cash, and not need credit.
    The very best creidt rating to some is considered 0, because it means you don't borrow and don't need credit and learn to pay cash for what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebuilding credit after Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I filed bankruptucy almost 3 years ago but I just looked at my credit report and it still shows some accounts are still opene that shouldn't be... I now have 3 open credit cards and all in good standing. My credit score is a 512 I REALLY need to improve it... any other suggestions beside credit...

Rebuilding basement bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I have torn out my sink, Toilet and shower in the basement. I know that I'll have to rip up the concrete flooring & start fresh in that area. There isn't much I can't do as far as being a handyman. Am I taking on too much by trying to do this or are there any hidden problems I may come across......

Rebuilding friendships [ 8 Answers ]

I remember discussing on the forum that "we can lose friends" when we lean on them too much for support. I know I have made this mistake with friends - feeling needy. I feel I am much stronger now, however I am not sure how to rebuild those friendships - as I can sense they are reluctant to...

Advice for rebuilding my credit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a foreclosure in November of 2005 and since then I have managed to pay all my bills on time and not open a new lines of credit. My credit score is currently about 650 and I need to bring it up. I don’t have any debt at all and I just paid of my car last month. I have one credit card with...

View more questions Search